1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Went to the doctor today/itching update

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by AwesomGaytheist, Sep 4, 2013.

1. AwesomGaytheist

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So today I finally got to the health center to go see a doctor about this itching problem. He looked me over and felt my skin, and after examining me (without gloves! :eek:slight_smile: he asked me this. He looked down at my fingers and saw my rainbow promise ring, and the first thing out of his mouth was "Are you sexually active?"

I told him I'm in a committed relationship. He said, "Well, it's a long shot, but I'm going to treat you for Scabies. Wash all your bedding in hot water and put this cream on from your neck down tonight and shower it off tomorrow. Boy this is going to be fun.

So I've stripped both our beds and am washing our sheets in hot water, and I don't know how this is going to go over with him. I may have given him a contagious ailment, or who knows, maybe I got it from him.

(sigh)

2. Zaio

Zaio Guest

Shit happens. Just tell him what the doctor told you. Scabies aren't that hard to get rid of as long as you follow your doctors advise.

Also, just putting this out there - if it is indeed scabies, and you have been monogamous with your partner, then ensure you're using condoms now if you were previously barebacking. There are situations you can get scabies without sexual contact, but that's just so unlikely to happen. Who knows though, it might not even be scabies.

3. AwesomGaytheist

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't think we've ever had sex without a condom because I did have sex with someone else when I was 15. But I highly doubt that I would have gotten scabies three years ago and not known about it until recently. It could have been from sleeping in various beds the past year. Who knows.

But then again, I may not even have it.

4. etiggy

In the middle of moving to London.That's the plan.
    Scabies are not an STD, you can get it from direct skin-to-skin contact or even through objects. My ex once got it on his arms travelling home from work on the subway. It takes anywhere from a month to a month-and-a-half to actually have any kind of visible sign and it starts in the location of the infection, so if it's on your neck then you got infected on your neck. Although scabies has a high eww factor they are much more common, then people think and quite easy to treat. I'm curious, when my ex got it the doctor automatically ordered me as well to total disinfection, since we got full body contact a week before, I wonder why yours doesn't prescibed the cream for your partner as well.

5. AwesomGaytheist

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    He wasn't the one seeing the doctor. He hasn't had any signs or symptoms of scabies at all.

6. HuskyPup

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Here's one other thought: Bed Bugs. These have become a huge problem, and can affect one person, but not another. They're tiny, and hard to see, but can cause any numbers of reactions, from bumps to rashes, and points in between. It might be something to mention.

But I hope it's not these, as they're very, very, very hard to get rid of...but if you keep itching, and can't figure it out, this can be a likely suspect. When you mentioned multiple beds, this came to mind.

7. etiggy

In the middle of moving to London.That's the plan.
    In my case I wasn't the one who went to see the doctor and I did not have any kind of symptoms either. It is for the sake of infection control.