1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wear glasses with perfect vision

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Rice and Pepper, Sep 5, 2013.

1. Rice and Pepper

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Everybody has been telling me my whole life that a pair of glasses would look really good on me, and lately I have been thinking that, as a proper gay man (yeah, stereotypes), I have to become stylish. So I thought, what the hell, I should buy a pair. The problem is, my vision is perfect. Specifically, I can even notice details on a mountain on the other side of the city, where the trees are, all the radars one by one at the top etc. So glasses are useless to me. I was thinking of using simple "window" glass, the one they are sold with, but I don't know if that will affect and deteriorate my vision. Does any of you know??

2. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If you get lenses with zero correction, it should not affect your eyesight. It's really no different than wearing sunglasses.

You might check out zenni optical, amazingly cheap prices and good service... I've bought a bunch of pairs of glasses from them.

3. Tightrope

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Ditto on this. They will sell glasses with a lens with no prescription for those who want it for that effect you speak of. Think of all the movie stars who didn't need glasses but had to wear them for a role.

4. theMaverick

Yeah just buy some with glass lenses, no prescription or correction. I've thought about doing it, honestly.

5. Bryar Thorne

your vision shouldn't be altered as long as you keep them clean with the cloth they normally give you with glasses :slight_smile: just make sure to take care of them because even though they aren't real, scratches still are a pain when they go across your vision range.. I had one for a while and thought it was a floater.. not fun worrying about that all day. :lol:

6. malachite

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yeah Chip has got it, if you want to wear glasses do it, it's not any different then someone wearing an earring or a chain.

7. Rice and Pepper

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I was about to buy myself a pair of glasses, but then rumors told me that if you wear glasses, your eyeballs usually recede backwards and your eyes look smaller, as well as that glasses affect your sideburns and make them look less dense. Is that true?

8. Emulator

If you wear the right pair, it shouldn't affect anything at all. Wearing glasses without a prescription is, as said, like wearing sunglasses.