1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1 month HRT MtF not feeling effects?

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by DoriaN, Sep 7, 2013.

1. DoriaN

Hi I'm Dorian and I've been on HRT with my bleh endo for 1 month as of Tuesday!
    I'm on Climara brand 50, 0.05mg/day estradiol-17beta; transdermal patch. I am also (Not counting non hrt drugs) on spironolactone, 200mg per day and I have been on Spiro for over a year now.
    1 patch a week, is that prescription weak or low; should it be higher?
    The closest thing I can think of to a change is a 2 day chocolate spree... that's about it.

Also my 2nd last patch got red and bumpy, I thought it was an ingrown hair but watching it I became concerned.

So I decided to give the area some air and I put the patch parallel to the original area.
    Later over the next day it got red! I threw the patch out and put a new one on my backside where I never had a problem.
    That was earlier today and it's fine thus far, however my two spots on my abdomen are still red; the left/fresher one! is even worse!!

?

2. Nick07

I doubt EC is the right place to discuss medical problem when it comes to hormonal therapy. You should call your doctor. Messing with hormones and possible allergic reaction can end up badly.

3. sguyc

Ok,

So from your stats you posted, let me just say that you are on a very very low dose of estradiol. So that might be the problem. The lowest dose I have heard of someone taking who wants to transition fully is 2mg/day. Unless there is some difference between patch dose and pill dose that I am ignorant of. Most doctors perscribe pills or injections I thought... so if you are buying patches yourself it might be time to see a doctor and stop messing with it yourself, that can be dangerous.

Talk to your doctor.