1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help with body perception

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by srslywtf, Sep 8, 2013.

1. srslywtf

OK I have still got a few issues with my appearance... since I've lost most of my extra weight i definitely feel much more comfortable and confident in my body.. I'm just a little uncertain of which direction I want to go.

In terms of the way I act, and my face, I look more like a boy than a man (if that makes sense). I am not immature as in childish in terms of emotional or rational thought, but I am playful/kind/etc in terms of the way a teenager might be. unjaded. unserious. People often call me cute when they see a picture of my face, however... there is something that I feel doesn't fit..

I am 6'3", with brooooad shoulders, long powerful legs, big ribcage.

If you can imagine a young smiley boyish face on such a figure... does that still seem like something you would call 'cute'? Or does the sheer size preclude the title of cuteness? Would someone like that seem out of place? I'm sure there are some people out there that would be into it, it just seems like a strange combination - like myself, usually when I think of a cute guy... part of the cuteness is that they have a small frame... I feel like I would stand out too much because of my size or something too.:eek:

By the way I'm not asking you to tell me to be comfortable being who I am.. I am comfortable in both...
    I'm just wondering what you would think if you saw such a person walking down the street.

2. etiggy

In the middle of moving to London.That's the plan.
    I definitely prefer a boyish, easy going, cute guy over manly, adult acting person and at the same time loooooove broad shoulders, so I for one can say yes, there are certainly more people out there who look exactly for a guy like you!

3. Van

Van

What you described sounds like "cute" to me. :grin:

4. lukeluvznicki13

ah, don't stress too much about how you look.
    From the description you have given, you sound like a good looking guy. Remember as well that your personality is the main thing that counts and yes, your physical appearance does too, but just be yourself, be happy about how you look. I'm sure you will find that perfect someone with just being yourself and not changing any physical & personal traits.

5. srslywtf

i'm not really good looking, but i have enough confidence now that i'm perceived for who i present to the world rather than my actual looks.

and thanks guys you're too sweet :slight_smile:

I guess there are people who are into it, I just kinda feel like some strange ill-proporitoned giant uber-twink or something :lol:

6. etiggy

In the middle of moving to London.That's the plan.
    LOL, you are welcome, über-twink :grin:

7. Ettina

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Sounds a bit like my brother.

He's fifteen, close to six feet tall, has a beard, and yet still has a boyish face.

I think he's cute, in a totally nonsexual way of course!