1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Throwing up after a dream?

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by KariGordon1996, Sep 20, 2013.

1. KariGordon1996

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Last night I had a dream that I was in school and somehow everyone found out that I was gay, the principal called my parents in the office and long story short, everyone I cared about disowned me. I've never had a dream like that before, but anyway.. I woke up at around 4 in the morning and ran into the bathroom and just started puking my guts out. I know the dream was like my worst fear so I think that had something to do with it.. But is that normal to throw up from having a dream like that? Has this ever happened to anyone else?

2. you could actually of just been ill maybe?

ive never thrown up due to a dream but ive had dreams about guys and ive been sexual with them then woke up from the dream nearly gagging! ;s

3. LinkLarkin

I would say you were probably ill, or just in need of vomiting for some mechanical reason, and your bad dream was a manifestation of your body being in turmoil. I remember vividly (for some reason) one night when I was a child, at one point in my dream I started being sick and then I woke up and just continued being sick in real life all over my bed. The mind and body link in weird ways like that, especially when it comes to poorly researched areas of psychology such as dreams.

4. g4563

g4563 Guest

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    have you been eating contaminated foods?

5. apostrophied

I agree with Linklarkin. It's normal to have pretty messed up dreams when you're sick. Then again, if you've been feeling fine since then, perhaps it was just a really bad nightmare... Either way, I hope you're better now!

6. Data

Data Guest

Stress can manifest in many ways.

When you're in a dream, you have no way of knowing that you're actually in the dream (unless you have been training yourself to notice inconsistencies in order to become lucid) and therefore the dream becomes your reality. If that same thing happened in reality, some people would respond by becoming ill and throwing up. If that's the case, I would say it's a normal response to stress.

7. UpInTheAir

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You both may have been ill or vomited because of anxiety/stress. I never throw up after a dream but i throw up when in stress or anxiety. I would probably throw up if I had a dream who gave me anxety