1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mono(nucleosis)?

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Fiorino, May 28, 2008.

1. Fiorino

I think I might have it. I have a sore throat (my tonsils ache and it hurts to swallow),
    a fever, hot all over my body, and my eyes hurt really bad when I woke up this morning.
    I'm also really tired, or at least a lot more than usual. I'm hoping it's not it, but if it is I'm pretty sure I've already had it for a week or two-my throat was really sore and I was tired for like a week two weeks ago. I was mildly sick last week. Maybe I have something else (hopefully). Two of my friends are sick-actually more than that but I think it started with my two closest friends (I kissed one of them this weekend, and she happened to kiss a lot of people that night and the other one was already sick for like a week or two). Well, I
    hope that there are other things that I could have, because mono would suck.
    I'm going to bed now (10:10 PM).
    :dead:

2. Trumpetplyer23

The only suggestion I have for you is to see a doctor. They'll be able to diagnose you correctly. Mono is a messed up disease, go to a doctor immediately.

3. Kat22

Go to the doctor ASAP. I had it for over 2 months before I went, and they wanted to hospitalize me immediately for at least 1 month to 6 months. My testing and treatment was A LOT more expensive because it was so bad. I lost an extreme amount of weight (30+ lbs) and was VERY sick. If treated early the disease is not ALL that bad.

4. Alexander

aww honey :frowning2: :kiss:

get it checked out and better-ize yourself!

5. Blitzkrieg

It's important to get to the doctor and get yourself checked out if you think you have it, if you get it checked by the doctor early on you can avoid all the long term complications that can arise.

6. KaraBulut

There are many things that can cause the symptoms that you're describing. A good rule of thumb is that if you're sick longer than three days these kind of symptoms and you're not getting better, you should make an appointment to see your doctor.

7. Aaron skidoo

sounds a little bit like strep through to me... i should know i get it every year!

8. JeremyB

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I had basically the same symptoms not too long ago..
    I had a REALLY bad sore throat (to the point where I could hardly swallow water), fever, I ached all over, I was always tired and most of my lymph nodes were swollen(and my liver and spleen).
    I thought I might of had mono because a few days before I made out with a guy (who's been known to kiss/do other stuff with A LOT of people and I had the symptoms)... So I went to the doctor after a few days of being sick. They took a throat culture thing and it came back negative for strep. So they just told me to tough it out... Well, after about two weeks of being sick I went to the doctor again, and so they took a blood test which came back negative for mono.
    So yeah... I still don't really know what it was. I'm pretty sure they said it was a form of strep that was only found by a more advanced culture test thing... So I hope you get better in a few days and don't have what I did... And if you do, then you'll just have to take some antibiotics.

9. cc6log

Sleeping as much as possible never hurts. Visiting the doctor shouldn't be a the first action unless you need it to assuage your fears. You may not be as sick as you fear you might be.