1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Losing fat and gaining muscle?

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by An Gentleman, Sep 23, 2013.

1. An Gentleman

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I'm still fat and lazy, and I'm sick of it.
    I've come to the conclusion that I need to work to become healthy.
    But there's so much conflicting information???
    I just want a way to lose body fat (and estrogen, w00t!) whilst gaining muscle at the same time...
    I'm in my first year of high school, and my body is still pretty girly.:dry:

P.S. Does the Bulletproof Diet actually work? Sounds like another fad, but...

2. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    What I would recommend is weight training. Strength and endurance training both play their roles. If you have more muscle mass, you'll burn more energy just resting than when you're a limp noodle, so it might get to the point where a strict diet isn't necessary. But if you add endurance training, the exercise itself will burn TONS of calories with a mix of muscle and aerobic workout.

So as long as you're eating a nutritious diet, you won't have to worry about cutting fat that way. And getting cut muscles will look great. :slight_smile:

3. Ridiculous

If you could give examples of things you aren't sure about then I'm sure someone can tell you what is true and what isn't - just giving general advice is quite difficult because we don't know what you do know and what you don't.

You can't rely on weight training alone if you want to lose fat. It can be all right if you are utilising it for weight maintenance, but if you want to actively lose fat then cardio and diet is important. 15 minutes of quality cardio is going to burn more energy (and by extension more fat) than an hour of weight training.

4. g4563

g4563 Guest

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    i want to get rid of breasts too but i'm working on it.