1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

virgin

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by mystical, Sep 27, 2013.

1. mystical

Delafield (30 minutes from Milwaukee), WI
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    So, I'm a 23 year old virgin (in all senses of the word-with men, women). Now i get more and more anxious about it because it's been so long.

How do you know it's the right time? Is it scary? How do you get over self consciousness? (I also have an eating disorder, self harm, etc) Does it hurt?

Thanks for replying :slight_smile:

2. bagginses

bagginses Guest

There really isn't a time to lose your V-card.
    Your V-card goes when it feels like going.

And during sex, you shouldn't feel self conscious, usually your partner is too into the activity that they hardly notice anything else....

---------- Post added 27th Sep 2013 at 08:45 PM ----------

I'm not sure if it hurts for women but it sorta hurt for me. I heard it just takes some getting used to.

3. mystical

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    What is it that's painful for you? That doesn't sound good! It seems like such a small place for something big (gross I know, but seriously).

4. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It's time when you think "Yes, I want to have sex with this person now". That's about it.

I held off until I was 25. Then decided I really did want to have sex...with the gay hitchhiker I picked up on Interstate 10. On a blanket on the side of the highway. :slight_smile:

How was it? Awkward. Weird. A bit annoying. (I had to say "watch the teeth" far too often.) Clumsy. And hot as hell. No regrets at all. :slight_smile: I figure I wasn't waiting for perfection - I was waiting for a good time to start learning. And my lessons began in a very enjoyable fashion. :slight_smile:

Lex

5. bagginses

bagginses Guest

I don't know, certain things like after making out.
    My jaw starts to hurt. Haha

6. mystical

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    LOL, gotcha. Understandable.

---------- Post added 27th Sep 2013 at 11:29 PM ----------

Wow, that is definitely a story! And a good one too. I hope I have a similar experience when it feels like the right time.

7. Pocky

If anyone else wants to contribute, please do so :slight_smile:

I, like mystical am 23 and still on my v-plates.

8. allofmyyes

allofmyyes Guest

Yay, I'm not the only one! Except I'm 25 D; I've cammed a few times with guys, but have always felt really weird and used somewhat. I guess it's because I just don't like camming, maybe that only appeals to exhibitionists. I really do need to just get it over with though. :/

9. mystical

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    That's exactly how I feel! Like I just need to get it over with or something. Because otherwise I'll never do it. I just don't want it to be someone I don't care for or who doesn't care for me (though I don't see that happening, I'm not exactly pretty)

10. Beth1

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    It hurts. Make sure the condom they use is not ribbed or has those little bumps cause that will make it worse. If your nervous prolong foreplay so you are really good and ready.

11. Zaio

Zaio Guest

If you haven't started, I'd advise purchasing a dildo or at the least having some fun with your fingers :lol:. Simply because you get used to the sensations. As the above poster has said, "it hurts." That'll mainly be because the female is a virgin and hasn't had any kind of vaginal play, and her hymen will still be in tact. Males often find it uncomfortable/sometimes even painful when they first start masturbation as well. Luckily for us most of us start at such an early age we don't remember :grin:

12. mystical

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Haha, yes, I will certainly have to take that under advisement! :lol:

13. LILuke

The right time to lose your virginity is whenever YOU feel that it's ready. I'm 20 and I'm still a virgin, and I don't have any problem with that.

14. Tyrael

Hello there :slight_smile: I'll start by saying there is absolutely nothing wrong with being a virgin in your 20's or whatever age for that matter. There's no rush to "get it over with" and just because it feels like it's a long time since you've been "legal" to do it (since I guess that's when you started "counting") doesn't make it wrong to wait. My advice would be to wait for the right person, or at the very least, the right "time" with a person. They don't have to be "the one", they just have to be right for you at that time.

I lost my virginity at 15 and it was NOT a pleasant experience. Thankfully my second time and every time since has been wonderful haha :slight_smile: I've yet to have full sex with a guy so I can't comment on that experience, but I have used toys etc to simulate the experience and I know you're female but I would certainly consider that option like Zaio mentioned.

It should make the whole thing less scary because you will realise that the "size" problem, isn't so much of a problem as you would believe. As long as you're prepared (lots of foreplay, which is tons of fun anyway :wink:) will help with that when the time comes. But really, just keep looking and when the time is right you'll know when to go ahead with it. Please please don't just "get it over with" for the sake of it, you will only regret it.

15. mystical

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning

Thank you, I really appreciate your response. It makes me feel much better to wait or not depending on the person or time.