1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Grounding methods

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Beware Of You, Sep 29, 2013.

1. Beware Of You

Hi,

When I was in therapy I was shown how to ground myself if I got that desire to hurt myself or something. It does work well but I was wondering if anyone had any other ones apart from that Buddhist breathing meditation thing

2. BiPenguin

Take the time out every day or two if you can to walk on natural earth with barefeet. No concrete, just dirt and grass. If you can be near the ocean, sit/stand nearby and feel the saltwater breeze to envelop you. Breath it in. Standing at the water at the beach is also good.

When you take time out, take the time to look at trees, plants, bugs, insects, etc. Never force it. In time you will find yourself being attracted to critters around you. Do this often even if you can only fit it in once a week. If you have lawn where you live, you can do it daily for a handful of minutes at a time.