1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Coping with feeling ugly

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by mystical, Sep 29, 2013.

1. mystical

Delafield (30 minutes from Milwaukee), WI
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    I've never considered myself attractive, and haven't been given a reason to think otherwise--never been asked out or called beautiful. How do you go about taking care of yourself and feeling confident at all if you aren't attractive? I don't want to be alone, but I don't feel pretty enough to date really.

2. BiPenguin

You know, beauty is within. That is not a line for ugly people but a message regarding who you are within. I have lost count the number of people who meet the magazine pretty look but they look ugly because as a person, they are not nice people. We all wear our personality on our face. The most attractive people I have met do not meet magazine pretty standards, they are good people and happy with who they are. It radiates from them.

So my message to you, is to allow yourself time to discover yourself. Who you are and why you feel poisoned and allow yourself to heal. Crying is a good healer.

Once you are happy with who you are, people of like will eventually be attracted to you. There will be bumping from people are unhappy with themselves but don't worry about them. Just be yourself.