1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Stunts growth? D:

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by HeyJoe, Oct 1, 2013.

1. HeyJoe

HeyJoe Guest

I am really freaking out about my height I had stopped gaining height at a very early age (I'm currently 15 and 5'8") and each year I always observe my height like for every year I grow about 1/2-1 inch in height but now its been almost 1 and a half year I haven't grown even a pinch!

I'm thinking that the cause of my height not increasing anymore is because I smoked 3 cigarettes in my life all of them were just for recreation and the other one was just because of curiosity. After that I didn't smoked cigarettes anymore because they are very harmful to me especially because I was born with very weak lungs and they're not that addictive and worth time consuming....

So my question is, Does smoking cigarettes for just maybe 3 times would stop my growth until my puberty process ends? :/

I need to gain height even just until 6 feet. That's because I represent my school for the men's volleyball and I'm a middle hitter. :X

2. dfiant

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Smoking stunts your growth as much as masturbation gives you hairy palms...do you have hairy palms?

5ft 8 (173cm) is not short by any means...in fact in some countries you would be considered a giant.

I am sure at 5ft 8 your volleyball career is safe :wink:

3. Sully

I'm not sure about the science behind cigarettes stunting growth. In any case, the 3 you've smoked won't have done a thing.

The fact of the matter is that you might just be a bit of a shorty XD

Don't worry, short guys are cute!

4. WhiteShadows

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yeah, you should be fine... But smoking is bad for you for other reasons... so I would advise that you don't continue!

5. Tic Code

Well, I'm 5'7.5" and I'm 18, so I wouldn't say you're short for your age. That's actually pretty average height for 15, maybe even a little on the taller side. I wish I had the extra half-inch you do xD

3 cigarettes will definitely not stunt your growth. Even if they did have long term effect on growth, you would need to be a regular smoker, which obviously you're not. Honestly height is a total genetic toss-up, determined by some combination of your parents genes for height. Even then, it's not exactly reliable to go off your parents' heights. So really, no matter what you do at this point in your development, you're gonna grow as much as your body decides to grow. And however much that is will remain a mystery until you've reached it. And if it makes you feel better, a lot of guys continue to get a bit taller after entering college :slight_smile:

How much sleep do you get? It may not make a huge difference in terms of height, but getting enough sleep plays a definite role in proper body development.

6. LD579

Height growth isn't linear. It's possible you could have another growth spurt in the next few years. Everyone goes through puberty differently. With that said, 5'8" isn't that short. I highly, highly doubt that a total of 3 cigarettes would stunt your growth or anything similar. Props to you for choosing to not continue with smoking them.

7. Vikingbeard

Vikingbeard Guest

5,8 is average height for males.

8. g4563

g4563 Guest

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    steroids cause stunt growth. i recommend you to talk to your doctor about hormone growth therapy