1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Graves disease / overactive thyroid

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Johneh, Oct 1, 2013.

1. Johneh

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I am so sick of having to deal with this disease and all the complications it comes with. I would just like to feel normal again for one day. To feel like I have an ounce of energy to live life. :icon_sad:

I first found out I had graves when I went to the doctor because I had gained 5 stone in a year. He did a simple blood test and told me that I had graves. My sister also has it. (She lost two babies previously because of it). I also feel dizzy, anxious and depressed. I also have bad mood swings. I am guessing this is caused by the hormones in my body.

I never feel like I have energy to do ANYTHING. Everything is an effort and causes pain. My next endocrine appointment is in January. I have currently been taken of carbimazole. Just to see how my body copes. I think I will probably have to start Radio iodine therapy or possibly get my thyroid removed.

I have just came back from the dermatologist because I have brown spots all over my body. Which he said could be another disease related tot he graves.. :bang:

Is there anyone else here with this or an over/under active thyroid?

2. Nick07

highly overactive, but with different symptoms than you described. The pills I was given worked well, the goal was to get rid of them gradually. Radio therapy didn't helped, but homeopathy did wonders. After years I am finally almost pillfree and the tests are good.

I used to go to the doctor once every one or two months though. January? That seems strange if you don't feel well.

3. Johneh

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    It's usually every couple of months but because he has taken me off my medication he is leaving it for a longer period of time. I'm not exactly sure why. :/

What symptoms were you having if you don't mind sharing?

4. Johneh

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    It's usually every couple of months but because he has taken me off my medication he is leaving it for a longer period of time. I'm not exactly sure why. :/

What symptoms were you having if you don't mind sharing?