1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What fruits and vegetables should I be eating daily?

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by twospiritlycan, Oct 9, 2013.

1. I'm trying to eat better and exercise some more. I do run a lot and exercise, but I have a bad habit of eating food from mcdonalds and getting bags of chips.

2. Ridiculous

A variety.
    You can't really just pick two or three and only eat those every day - there are so many different ones and changing it up is best.

3. StephenSC

As said above, mix it up as much as possible. Most fruits or vegetables that will provided only a select few vitamins and junk (technical term) you need. So variety will help cover the full spectrum and keep things interesting. (Eating the same thing everyday is a very bad way to change your eating habits, you'll only get bored and slide back)

Also keep something healthy with you to snack on as soon as you start to feel hungry, it will help resist the Maccas temptations.

There are a few great supplements that you can get at health food stores (so called "Super Foods") Things like, Spirulina, Chai Seeds and one or two others that slip my mind. They can be rather expensive but I recently start using the two mentioned (as well as changing diet and lifestyle) and feel great!

As always experiment and find what works for you, or if in doubt see a dietitian. Keep in mind diet changes takes awhile to have an effect. Good luck!

4. elel

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    For vegetables, try to eat some broccoli, spinach, and kale. They are incredibly healthy. I'm trying to eat healthy as well. Also, look up lists of super foods. You will be surprised by how much those foods can do for you.

5. Ridiculous

Super foods don't exist, it's marketing spin and nonsense spewed by sensationalist TV doctors. There aren't really any foods that stand out as being better than others, there are just those that stand out as being worse (e.g. fast food).

6. An Gentleman

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Pick vegetables that aren't too starchy, so you can get used to eating less carbohydrates.
    (Be sure to eat enough calories.)
    I reccomend cooking the vegetables to your liking, so they taste good.