1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Breast Cancer

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by dictionary, Jun 3, 2008.

1. dictionary

My Nan found a lump im just wondering is it always cancer... and if so is it always like fully cancer..?

2. Louise

Not ALL lumps are cancerous but she absolutely MUST have a biopsy straight away to see wether this kyst is benign (harmless) or malignant (cancer).

The earlier you find a lump the better the prognosis. The survival rate for breast cancer is 70% and the 30 % that don't survive are normally the cases where the person hasn't noticed the lump or has been too scared to go to the doctors.

Don't get yourself in a state about it untill she has had the biopsy, it might well be a simple kyst.

3. Trumpetplyer23

Yeah Louise is right. Sometimes it is just a cyst that people develop. My mom had one on her wrist for the longest time, it was benign, so she got it removed.

She should go get a biopsy and go through the other tests for cancer, just to be safe. I believe that breast cancer has one of the highest survival rates of all types of cancers.

4. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    I had one that was harmless so try not to worry. Even if it is, most breast cancer is treatable.

5. xxAngelOnFirexx

breast cancer runs in my family. my grandmother had it and had to have a breast removed. so its very treatable. my mother also had a lump she got removed but it wasn't cancerous.

6. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

I agree with what everyone else has said. She should get it checked out straight away, then if it is cancer it can be treated before it develops too much.

Fingers crossed that it isn't anything that serious.

7. GlindaRose

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I used to have a baker's cyst on the back of my knee, it wasn't anything bad, so I just had it removed and all was good and I was left with an S shaped scar where my skin was sliced open.

Hopefully the lump is benign.

8. MeskElil

yeah, just get it checked out. but like people have said above, it's really treatable. my grandma, great aunt, and aunt (and probably more women in my family) have had breast cancer, and ALL of them have survived. and my aunt especially is still going strong.
    just have her get a biopsy and don't panic. it's probably just fine.