1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lower abdominal pain after anal beads

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Thoughtiwasgay, Oct 15, 2013.

1. Thoughtiwasgay

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    On September 7, I made the mistake of trying anal beads. I felt some mild discomfort.
    By September 13, the pain was pretty severe.
    I had a CT scan October 14 and it came back normal.
    It's been over a month and I'm still having right lower quadrant dull ache pain.
    I'm worried. I told the doctor about the anal beads, but he didn't think it was related.
    Has anyone else had this type of experience?

2. StephenSC

A month is a long time to have pain/discomfort in one area. Regardless of cause. I would suggest a different doctor and a second opinion.

The CT and first doctor might well be right, but better safe then sorry when our comes to your health.

Hope someone else can advise you better.

3. Ridiculous

Yeah, you've had a pain there and it needs investigating regardless of what the cause of it was.
    I've never used or encountered anal beads but I doubt they will have caused this - from what I know they are pretty small and would be less 'dangerous' than a regular dildo, which isn't very dangerous at all.

Did your doctor suggest anything for the pain?

4. Thoughtiwasgay

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Doc suggested physical therapy for the inguinal ligament.

The CT was normal, which should rule out any serious conditions the doctor said.

If it were just an inguinal ligament tear, would pain radiate to the opposite side? The pain is usually right lower, but radiates to left lower sometimes. Unless the colicky left lower is just constipation or digestive discomfort.

Even if I were to ask another doctor, he would probably just look at the normal CT and think everything is ok.

I wonder what types of problems CT scans might miss.

I told the chic at the adult store, and she assured me that their anal beads are safe.

I'm really hoping the pain is entirely unrelated to the anal beads.

5. TyRawr

Board Member Full Member

Have you given it a simpler thought and considered scheduling a colonoscopy? It could be something very simple like inner rectal hemorrhoids, and perhaps the beads irritated them. Its worth covering the basics before exploring more exotic conclusions.

6. fundrop22

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Pain is in the mind mostly. If you think about something over and over again you're going to start believing it hurts. Try to think of something else and see if that helps?

7. Suffocation

I highly doubt it was anal beads. Maybe its your pain tolerance, I don't know, but I'm just saying I can shove like fucking Guam up my ass and it wouldn't hurt, (mild exaggeration). It would hurt for a like a week. But that long, and to even go to the doctor? I think it's something else except there is no reasonable answer so you are automatically associating it with the anal beads because it happened around the same time.

I promise you it's not the anal beads, it could not hurt that long, like i feel like it would heal if they were small. good luck, and keep us updated if you have any information, i'd like to know. (if you don't mind, hehe)

8. Aquilo

A CT scan can rule out some weird things like kidney and gall stones. I'd recommend you to get a blood test at least. Things like infections and a few diseases causing pain in the abdomen can be ruled out with a blood test. If they don't find anything in your blood I'd get a colonoscopy, doctors can see if there's something wrong in your intestines and if they don't find anything they can take a sample to check it.

Just a CT scan alone isn't enough, so get some tests done ; )

9. robclem21

Lower right quadrant is sometimes inflammation of the appendix. Have you had this removed? I would definitely get a second opinion or consider going to the hospital if the pain becomes intolerable.

Sometimes it is very difficult to specifically locate pain and you can have pain that radiates and occurs in spots other than where it occurs. This is called referred pain. You may be feeling the pain in the left spot but that doesn't necessarily mean there is something wrong there.

Again though, if the pain persists go see another doctor.

10. Sunshine Cries

This is what I was thinking. I know a lot of people who have suffered from appendicitis, and this sounds like a slow leak of the appendix to me.

11. Cerith23

Could it be a UTI? I know they are relatively common in women, but quit rare in men however.

12. stumble along

Does the pain come and go?
    what does it feel like?
    have you found a way to make it stop hurting? If so what?

I had / am still being diagnosed with some very bad stomach inflammation that started well over a month ago, basically my stomach and abs area felt like I was being repeatedly stabbed by a sword. It got so bad I had to go to the er in which they did blood work (I have no idea what they look for in those) and a CT scan which all turned out normal, they suspected bacteria and gave me anti biotics and pain killers and sent me on my way.
    Later it was getting worse and worse so I took their suggestion of contacting a gastroenterologist and they signed me up for an endoscopy (basically they shove a camera down your throat, dont remember a thing due to anesthesia) and that's where they found the inflammation in my stomach, they put me on new meds and ive had minimal if any pain, they took a biopsy so ill get those results sometime next weekend but I would maybe consider going to a GI doctor??

13. Thoughtiwasgay

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Yep, the pain comes and goes. The pain is hardly noticeable when I wake up in the morning after laying on my back all night. But by the end of the day, the pain is pretty bad. The pain seems to be the worst a few hours after a big meal, and when I have to go to the bathroom.