1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do i have BDD?

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Imlost87, Oct 19, 2013.

1. Imlost87

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I think I have come to the conclusion that I may have Body dysmorphic disorder due to the following: I don't like my hair, I hate the way my skin looks, I don't like the way my teeth look, I never smile with my teeth showing because I don't like the way my eyes look I also have to practice smiling in the mirror so my eyes don't look squinty, I don't like how tall I am because I feel I look goofy and awkward, I fear social situations due to thinking everyone is thinking how fat and ugly I am, I am always anxious when eating around people because I feel like they are judging me, I feel that in order to be loved I need to be a certain weight and have clear skin and perfect hair since I feel I do not have any of these things therefore I have never been in love or in a relationship. I can think of negative things to say about my whole body. I pick myself apart everyday. In my past I was teased a lot because of my weight and was also told that the reason I had never had a relationship was because of my weight. I obsess about my weight everyday. I'm always thinking about how much I eat and how much I exercise everyday. I received a compliment one day from a friend talking about how nice I looked. Thinking about the compliment later moved me to tears.

2. LD579

EC can't diagnose. Even if we were professionals — and the vast majority of us are not — online diagnoses are inherently flawed for many reasons which can't be helped. If this is a concern for you, speaking to a professional in-person could be a route that you may wish to investigate further.