1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What is straight sex like for a gay man?

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by pocketrush, Oct 20, 2013.

1. pocketrush

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Any gay men who have had/continue to have sex with women, please share your thoughts. What was it like for you?

2. Thunderlane

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    never had yet

3. Tyler1

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    After I came to terms with my sexuality and came out I could no longer be in a sexual relationship with a woman. Not only had I lost the interest, I lost the ability. Can frankly tell you it didn't matter to me any longer;as sex with by BF is better than any sex I had ever had with a woman. Just my experience.

4. pocketrush

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Yes tyler, but what was it like for you?

5. onefootout

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I don't know how it is for a gay man but for me, a woman who usually prefers women, it is hard for me sometimes. I sometimes have to think of girls to make it 'work right' :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

6. redneck

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I've seen this question come up several times on here
    . It's really hard to explain without saying simply "it just didn't feel right". I guess this answer isn't enough because the question keeps getting asked.

I've tried to think of an analogy to relate it too but I keep drawing a blank. For me it wasn't bad I mean things physically worked and through ignorance I thought it was good. The truth is that I just wasn't into it. I would be with my wife but my brain would be elsewhere. The very first time I was with with a guy it was completely different. Everything just felt right to the point that it was like losing my virginity all over again. There is just something there that I cannot explain but I know that this is the true me, this is right.
    Later I tried sex with women again and it wasn't right.

After typing all this I finally got my anology. When I was in denial and was having sex with women it was like eating at McDonalds. Because McDonalds is the only food you have ever eaten you assume it's good. When I actually explored my true sexuality it was like having my own gourmet chef. After eating gourmet cooking for so long when I returned to McDonalds I realised the food was vile and I really had no desire to eat there.

7. charmander

I'm only thirteen so I can't answer the question from experience, but I would imagine it's like going to the bathroom in a strangers/friends house...It just don't feel right...
    And you can have a kind of mental block about it, I g dared to kiss a girl and I just couldn't I was actually feeling sick thinking about it.

So yeah...You heard it hear first folks...?

8. natashaholme

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I can answer about straight sex for a lesbian. It just wasn't exciting. To get aroused I would imagine that I was with a woman.

9. MyChemRomance

Haha:lol: Yes I'm 13 too, guys just...aren't something that I'd want sexual relations with. BUT I'm saving myself for my future wife (assuming she can deal with my obsession with music. MY CHEMICAL ROMANCE!).

#9 MyChemRomance, Nov 2, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 2, 2013
  10. Space

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    For me it was boring. I was just going through the motions and not really enjoying myself. I hardly ever ejaculated because it wasn't arousing enough.

11. Phoenix

Phoenix Guest

I can echo the "it just didn't feel right" sentiment. Though for me it's more like something's off/missing here. When I first did it I was like okay. Why are people obsessed with this? Then I realized it was cause it was the wrong gender for me.

12. Space

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Exactly!

13. I think I can answer this question, but barely. For me it was a little different. I was always pretty straight, but I also had some random gay fantasies from time to time, so I started to think I could be bi. When I finally did get to do the do with a woman, it wasn't as arousing to me in person as it was when I watched it on the internet. I actually failed to ejaculate, but part of it could have been (and probably was) thanks to nervousness, first time and all. Either way, I thought maybe after that, since the vagina didn't turn out to feel as good as I thought it would, that I would explore my gay fantasies further mentally to see if they truly meant anything.

Being in my last relationship (with a woman) also has help me discover I actually had a very feminine side in me that I didn't know existed, and I've been trying to explore that too. Life is... complicated for me right now, you could say.

So with your question, from my perspective it's more like "what is straight sex like for a guy who didn't know, and still doesn't know, if he was gay yet?" Lol I know, I'm weird.

14. TyRawr

Board Member Full Member

Well... I only had sex with a woman before I had really found my place among the spectrum. I dated this girl for close to a year, and we made love almost every day or every other day, and I thought it was good, and I really did love her, but there was just something missing. Annnnd on top of that my favorite position was doggy because I could pretend she was a guy (terrible I know). Anyhow, for me Its not like it was bad and disgusting or anything, it just wasnt the same as being with a guy, and when I finally was sexual with a guy it was like fireworks, and euphoria! The funniest thing is, after I broke up with my last girlfriend I finally choose to label myself gay, and she decided she was lesbian, and now we're still like best friends!

To paraphrase:
    -It wasnt bad, just wasnt as good as gay sex.
    -I didnt really find woman gross as many gay men say they do, I just find men REALLY attractive.
    -Having straight sex doesnt change how gay I am.... Its Im REALLY gay. lol

15. djone12

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    It wald nerly imposible for me iv had frends sit ther and look atbguirl picks and i would just stair and not get aroused i just could not do it

16. Tyler1

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Just realized that I never responded completely. Sex with women I thought was just ok before I can to terms with my sexuality. Intimacy was ok but not what I had expected. Kissing, hugging, cuddling didn't do anything great for me and just learned to live with it. I didn't experience anything earth moving events until the first time I had sex with a man. It was everything I had always dreamed of regarding sex. Gay sex was exactly as some other people have stated it was fireworks, passion, erotic, sensual everything heterosexual relations wasn't. I only had relations a very few time with my then GF after my first gay experience and then I too had to do it "doggie" so I could pretend she was a guy. (Not long after actually lost the ability to even fake it, but by that time I couldn't have cared less about straight sex.) In retrospect straight sex was nowhere near as creative, erotic, sensual and pleasurable as homosexual sex.

17. TheSeeker

I had sex with a woman one time before realizing I was pretty gay, and it was... Boring. Really boring. TMI, but we went at it for 2 hours and she climaxed a couple of times but I never did. I was hard, and I came close once, but I just couldn't get into it. We finally both collapsed from exhaustion at 1 a.m. and I never tried again.

I haven't been with a guy yet, but I am really excited!

18. AwesomGaytheist

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    One member on here said, "It's mostly the same, only it's squishier and higher-pitched."

19. Clay

I was with a girl for 2 years and the best way to describe it is "lacking". Unlike others here I did actually manage to climax all of the time, but it never did anything for me. It was just like going through the motions, no matter how much we tried to shake things up, it never really seemed to get that much better.

Rather than being like "Wow that was amazing!" it was like "Eh, that was ok". Eventually I wouldn't exactly avoid sex, more like I'd just not take the chance to have it when the oppotunity arrived, because it was a bit of a chore (well not a chore exactly, but that's the best way I can think of describing it). It's just the act of sex, which isn't that fun if you're not really into it.

20. Thunderlane

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    a question for guys, how did you manage to get hard? Is it possible to have a bonner just by the idea of having sex itself rather than looking at the partner?

I'm just curious because i'm still virgin to both kind of sex but i've tried to masturbate to girls...and failed each time.