1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Virginty and loosing it

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Isaac, Jun 6, 2008.

1. Isaac

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I once had someone explain that "gay" virginity or loosing your virginity as a gay man is the same as heterosexuals. For example when the women is penetrated, she has lost her virginity, and so I was told, that once I was penetrated, I lost my virginity, then they turned around and said that I have my other virginity to loose (meaning me penetrating someone). So then I began to think, is my virginity split up into being penetrated (50%), and penetrating (50%), or do I just have two?

So I looked at it this way using their logic:

If you have a man and a women; both who are both virgins (either young kids or a married couple). He penetrates her, they both loose their virginity. Now I used this "theory" and applied to gay couple; two young boys who have done nothing before. Boy A penetrates Boy B, and according to this person theory, they both have lost their virginity. Now I always thought that it was when you penetrated someone as that would be you "giving it" to someone or giving it away so to speak. Now I'm not saying that I don’t care about my virginity or that I throw it around or sleep around or anything, but people always have different opinions about it.

People tell me that some gay people see it this way, and some gay people and yes even straight people see it a different way. I know this persons theory or way of explaining does not exactly make any sense, and how would it account for lesbians or anything. So I was wondering, is there a "definition" that people in the community use to define when they have lost their virginity, do people have different views from their friends, partner, and just in general how do you perceive that your virginity is or was lost.

I hope I don’t get people answering with "Wow you’re really stupid to know how you loose your virginity or something like that as I'm very confused. I’ve heard many different things from many people, and I don’t 100% care, not to say I don’t care about my virginity but there are many different ways and definitions that I have been told and I would like to know what people think For those who will answer with, well what ever you think applies to you, go with that, please then, if you feel comfortable tell us what you think it means or meant when you will or did use it. I’m just curious to know as I would agree that with a straight couple there is a bit more of understanding of how you loose your virginity, but I’m not 100% sure about gay men.

Some people tell me then technically only women loose their virginity as they are the only ones who change or what ever. They say that guys in general do not have virginity. I don’t know, I would just like to hear people’s opinions on that subject please.

Thanks

xox

Isaac

2. halfy

personally, the way i see it, if you have sex, you have lost your virginity. i think that people complicate it too much like saying that they have lost their virginity where they give penetrive sex and where they take penetrive sex. like somebody once said that they were going to take somebodie's virginity by giving them penetrive sex. i said that if the person they were talking about had given pentrive sex, then they weren't a virgin.

another friend said that medically speaking, a man has to receive penetrive sex in order to lose his virginity.

i think that the whole thing is just ridiculus. it's like saying that you have lost your mouth virginity if you give oral sex. or if your a woman, do you have 2 virginity's for front and back? or saying that people have a gay virginity and a straight virginity. on of my friends even went as far as to say that you lose your lip virginity if you have a snog with someone. the way i see it, if you have sex, you've lost your virginity; full stop. and by sex i mean straight penetrive, gay penetrive and lesbian sex.

basically, if you have full on sex, you have lost your virginity. especially as the term virgin means that you have never had sexual intercourse, meaning genital contact.

3. Louise

I have always thought that any form of penetrative sex, oral, vaginal or anal, giving or recieving and you have lost your virginity. Some people feel that once you have brought someone to orgasm or someone has bought you to orgasm you have lost your virginity but I still go with the penetration thing.

If you apply the general 'straight' idea of virginity it refers to the breaking of the woman's hymen in at the entrance of the virgina, so in theory it can only apply to women but I think the general idea of 'losing your virginity' is participating in penetrative sex.

4. NoLeafClover

What might be confusing is you're applying a straight convention to a gay setting? (just something to think about, I guess)

I've only been penetrated, and technically I may have lost my virginity, but honestly I don't feel like I've lost anything. Maybe it was just bad sex, or that it wasn't memorable, but I actually feel like I haven't had sex yet, still. lol

5. Paralyzer

But guys DO have virginity!
    Haven't you ever watched Hocus Pocus on Disney Channel?
    The virgin lights the candle and then.. stuff happens.

And I like the 50 50 concept
    But virginity in general is just confusing for me, regardless of sex partners

6. Andrew

LOL. I love hocus pocus. I agree with you steven :]

7. sexyalex

ok,

:lol: lets take it from the top.....

1. everyone has sexual desires and sexual desire is sexual desire no MATTER WHAT the orientation may be.

2. everyone do have different views about virginty but only one theroy is right...

and here it is:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:-

in the hetrosexual community, they look to virginity as when a male tears the upper lining of the foreskin and the female to the hymenal ring(aka. lining of the vagina). What people do not know is that one can masterbate and tear this internal flesh themself and once shed, poeple consider u "no longer a virgin"...

i knwo soo many kids here who shuv dildo's up their vagina and their parents suspect them of sexual activities, get them checked and they have no hymen. So they get punnished. but here is the deal.

1. ur still a virgin no matter what u put up ur ass/vagina untl u have had sex for the first time.
    2. men are still virgins even if the head of the penis has shed before.

moral of the lesson?
    ur a virgin until u have had sexual intercourse.

To conclude, i would like to share my older sister(step sister whatever she is) story.
    it goes like this:

She broke her virginity to a slobby guy when she was 17, she thought the sex was painful and unbearable and the works and when she fineally met her fiance 8 years later and they have sex, he tore her hymen and started to tell her she was liaing about not being a virgin. Even when she really wasn't. However, her first did not tear her hymen (idk, maybe not long enough) but fact is that she was not a virgin cuz she had sex B4.
    :grin:

end of lesson....
    Good night!