1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bloody gums

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by shamrockmut93, Oct 27, 2013.

1. I really bloodied myself up tonight brushing my teeth, my sink looked liked a crime scene lol I think I might have some kind of infection, my gums have been bleeding so easily lately, and they're especially red around the base of some of my teeth. It hasn't been spreading as far as I could tell, and this has happened before but went away, so I'm not too worried, but I'd still like some advice if anyone has had something similar happen to them. Basically, I've been doing my best to purge my mouth every night, I brush, floss, then rinse with peroxide and finish off with mouthwash, which is really strong and burns like hell. All that does help, and doing that is what made it go away last time, but I'm wondering if this is maybe a recurring thing... I will DEFINITELY talk to my dentist by the way, but I'm just curious to know what anyone on here might know about this kind of thing. Thanks.

2. PillsHere

Gingivitis.

Had the same thing a while ago, apparently the fact they (dental hygienists) found bleeding in my gums during a cleaning meant I had it so they prescribed me some mouth wash, almost identical to listerine. After about a month of using the stuff it cleared up.

3. mpac21

Yes I would agree with the poster above me...it seems like you have some form of infection of the gums and should see a dentist when you can. There may be a "deep cleaning" needed to treat the infection. Alas though Im not a dentist lol...just get an appointment though and see what they recommend :slight_smile:

4. BryanM

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I would probably go and see a dentist about it. It could also just be you have sensitive gums, as well. I usually bleed a little bit when I brush my teeth, and I have healthy teeth and gums, I just have to try to be careful not to brush too hard.