1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Overweight and Bi

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by R999, Oct 29, 2013.

1. R999

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm slightly overweigh...only about 15lbs. But I keep gaining weight and can't seem to lose it or get out of my own way. I feel very alone most of the time and I tend to eat my feelings. I cant seem to figure out how to break the habit of eating when I feel horrible about myself and life.

Is it common for glbtq individuals to struggle with emotional eating and weight gain?

2. angel626

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It's common for anyone to emotionaly eat and gain weight. I've got the same problem whenever I'm upset I eat my feelings away. It's not a healthy and it's one I'm trying to break. So far I've managed to keep myself from eating when I'm upset for a few weeks now and I've been starting to exercise to, I hate exercising I'm just like fat Amy from pitch perfect but how else am I going to get fit. So don't feel alone there are others just like you that are dealing with the same issues; like me.

3. Monika the Diva

Well, i ate because i was hungry. I had an eating disorder due to my body chemistry. But when i get incredibly depressed i just stop eating. All i can say is you don't have to eat to fill avoid just give yourself a hobby. Keeping yourself busy is the best way to keep yourself happy. For instance, i go to school full time and i go to work full time. When i am not doing home work i am either writing my book or playing video games. But lately i only pick the video game controller if i have no ideas for my story. Keep yourself busy is what i always say.

4. GirlWhoWaited

Me too. I'm thinking of swapping out candy for veggies though, and breads for rice cakes. Maybe that will help. :slight_smile:

5. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Cut sugary snacks wherever you can. I occasionally get the urge, but think "I'd prefer not to gain weight from this." But even if you keep eating Oreos and ice cream, switching out soda for water on its own makes a huge difference.

6. Joey4

The best way to relieve stress is to exercise. If you feel down, go for a walk.

If you feel the urge to eat something you shouldn't, drink a bottle of water and/or brush your teeth.

The main thing is that you have to find something to take up your time. If you sit around, you'll find a way to eat.

7. Bolin

I so agree with Joey. I've gained about a good 10 to 15 lbs from my lowest weight in the past two months (although I'm still at a healthy weight for my height), and it was due to emotional eating and the halting of my daily physical activity. I'm currently trying to lose that weight back, and what Joey suggest will help with the emotional eating. Getting up and doing something will "busy" you so that you don't have time to go into the kitchen and eat something unhealthy. And the brushing your teeth thing helps, too, since it'll kinda prevent you from eating anything immediately after (since your food wouldn't taste well with the taste of toothpaste and mouthwash still in your mouth :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: ), giving you a little bit of time to find something else to take your mind off emotional eating.

8. StillHere

I'm 175 when I would prefer to be 140-150. I have a very bad diet and turn to food a lot more than I should, I am starting to use a hookah pen to help me not eat as they are purely vapor and have no tobacco or narcotics.

I also need to start working out, ugh...

9. gshemesh

gshemesh Guest

Out Status:
    All but family
    i am also a little chubby, but I enjoy having a bumper when I bump my partner