1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why Does My Heart Keep Hurting?

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by twospiritlycan, Oct 30, 2013.

1. I exercise, I'm just 168 lbs, I run every couple of days, and still I feel my heart hurting. I constantly worry about diabetes, finding a job, losing friends, money, Sleeping, getting stuff done, and education. Now I have to worry about my heart hurting. I tried running a lot today and my heart still hurts. I tried relaxation breathing, but it just keeps hurting. what gives? I feel like just breaking something again because I'm just annoyed and frustrated about this.

2. Ridiculous

This isn't really something that can answered responsibly or accurately by someone online. Go and see a doctor and have them check it out.

Chances are it is something mundane like fatigue, or muscle strain in that area, but you should go and and have it checked.

3. Cin Vhetin

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I had a problem with acid reflux when I was younger. It would make my chest hurt so bad I thought I was having a heart attack. I went to a doctor and he told me to just take a pepcid everyday and it stopped the symptoms. After a couple months taking a pepcid daily then I was able to go off it and the symptoms did not return constantly. I watch what I eat and occasionally take an antacid if I am eating something that I know will cause a flareup. Try an antacid and watch what you are eating but if it does not clear up fast then defiantly see a doctor you don't want to let whatever it is get worse.

4. Case

Currently DE. Also, FL, NV, AL and California!
    Well, you should go see a doctor and get checked out. But I had a similar experience and thought it was my heart. I kept getting bad chest pains when I ran or played basketball. It usually lasted for some time after I cooled down. It felt like pressure on my chest and it also felt tight. It turned out that I wasn't getting enough oxygen to my heart because I developed mild asthma as I grew older. Once I started using an inhaler it fixed my problem.

So it could be something minor like that. But no matter what, you need to get checked out. If not your doctor, an urgent care center will take you right away as a walk-in. I've been to many urgent cares, and they are usually good about taking people.

5. Foxface

It could well be something simple and I am sure it is, but from looking at your post, are you a typically stressed person? That can cause chest pain when someone is going through fears, stress or anxiety.

However, although probably simple chest pain is not somehting to ignore. I'd see a doctor

Foxface

6. apostrophied

Go to the doctor, I know it's scary, but it's the best thing to do. I've been having problems with my heart, too (it hurts, among other things), and I've been to see the nurse today and I'm scheduled to go to the doc next week, most likely for an EKG. =/ Scary, but it's better to deal with it than to let it go. You need a heart to be alive, no? Good luck, and in the meantime, I'd say ease up on the running. Nothing will happen because you don't run for a while.

7. Ruthven

Yeah, I think seeing a doctor is the best thing here. Just to be safe, you know? I mean, if it's something that's always hurting and it's something really vital like your heart, you gotta go get checked out.

8. The doctor I saw today told me everything looked normal. I mentioned to her about my worries and problems. She told me it could be an anxiety problem that's causing chest pains. It made me a little worried but calm now.

not sure what to do now honestly

9. Ruthven

Well, if you want, you could go for a second opinion. Maybe it is just the whole anxiety thing though.

10. MoyashiAlice

Hi~

I had a similar experience where I was experiencing heart palpitations and pain in my chest. I went to my doctor and got three heart tests done to make sure things were okay. When school stopped being so stressful, the palpitations went away. I agree with everyone else. Go to see a doctor who will get you to go do some heart tests just in case.

11. robclem21

This is the problem right here. You are stressed and anxious and it is manifesting in physical pain. I have had this happen as well during very stressful times. Most likely, since you have seen your doctor, he/she is probably right that it is just anxiety.

So, when you doctor tells you it is anxiety, the solution is not to worry more about that :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:.

I know easier said than done, but instead of worrying all the time, try to find hobbies that help you relax. If you are running, do it because it helps reduce stress, not because you are worried you will get diabetes. Find ways to keep yourself calm and balanced and you will find this will go away.