1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Marathon sex sessions? Bad? Good?

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by linden, Nov 2, 2013.

1. linden

linden Guest

Out Status:
    A few people
    I am in my early 30s and in my first lesbian relationship. Previously, I had only been with men. I have been seeing my now girlfriend, who has been with other women, for about three months.

What worries me (and delights me) is that we have sex for hours and hours and hours. I am talking eight, ten hours of sex, interspersed with cuddling, talking, etc... These marathon sessions happen once a week, along with quicker hour or two-hour long sessions a couple of times each week. But, I had never experienced something like this before. Sex used to be ho-hum, and I wanted it to be over quickly.

I am worried, however, that we are focusing too much on the physical aspect of the relationship to the detriment of other things and that we are not spending enough time together outside of bed. We talk about doing non-bedroom stuff together, and then it doesn't happen. While I know physical intimacy is an important part of a relationship, I am wondering if we are hurting our chances to build a real and strong relationship.

Should we cool it on the sex to work on our "real" relationship? Or is sexual compatibility so important that I should let this continue?

2. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Welcome to EC!

My gut feeling here is that you're OK. If either of you basically were looking to mumble an excuse and head out the door the second the sex ended, then there'd be a problem. Instead, it sounds like both of you really enjoy your time together...and, when you're together, what you most like doing is sex. :slight_smile: In short, sex is simply what you like doing MOST together, but it's not the only reason you're together. Assuming you're not running into any physical issues with your marathon sex sessions - chaffing or whatnot - I'd say you're fine.

Lex

3. Flutters1980

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I just have to say that I'm jealous!