1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Weight problems

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by October, Nov 2, 2013.

1. October

Hi! Okay so long story short, according to the scales at home and stuff I have gained over 60 pounds. I know I have gained some due to some severe depression brought on my mom being horribly unaccepting to my coming out. Anyway, I have always had binge eating disorder but when I look in the mirror I look like I gained maybe twenty pounds. I have always been overweight because of previous binge problems so I was a steady 6'8" 180-200lbs. Basically I have two problems: 1) any suggestions to stop binging? 2) I feel really horrible about myself but not when I get dressed up for school and put on makeup and all that in the mirror I don't look like I've gained too much so it's super confusing.

Any help or suggestions would be great. Also because of these horrible feeling I have considered starving, purging, and self harming. None I have acted on but if I don't change I know I will. Talking to my parents isn't an option unfortunately. I am 19 and a freshman in college. :help:

2. Bear101

Honestly? The best thing you can do is find yourself a good psychologist who specializes in eating disorders. I binge eat a LOT, but I've been doing a TON better since working with my shrink.

3. whalerider

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Like person above said - best way is to find a doctor (psychiatrist or psychotherapist) or at least psychologist who works with eating disorders. Trying to do somethings like starving or purging will harm your physical and mental health.