1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Starting to worry if something's wrong with me.

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by TheMailman, Nov 5, 2013.

1. TheMailman

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hello there, fellow member of EC. I feel kinda silly about posting this, but I'm starting to think there may be something wrong with me. Please don't laugh at any of this.

I've always been dizzy when standing up too quickly. My vision gets blurry, my ears block out sound and my head swims. It only lasts a few seconds, and then I'm fine.

I also almost always get a headache when I shake my head more a than a brief 'no' shake, and even then a little. When I was younger, I was always amazed at how people in rock bands could bear to shake their heads like that.

And the next is a bit embarrassing:
    My left nipple is, and has always been, sore to the touch, which worries me: could it be cancer or something?

Bear in mind, I've had all these symptoms since before I can remember, but I've never talked to anyone about it, really. First, when I was young, I though everyone had them. But I obviously now know that they don't, I'm just too embarrassed! :bang:

Living with it doesn't really bother me, as I'm used to it. But I'm worried it may be signs of something bad, and actually living without them might be nice, for a change. In fact, I'd really like to get rid of these things.

I may be completely overreacting, but please give me some insight on this. Thanks for reading! (*hug*)

2. tommyj

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I know it may be something that you don't want to do, but going to the doctor would be the only way to know for sure. It's scary when you think that something is wrong, but the fear of not knowing, in my option, is much worse. At least if you go to the doctor then can rule stuff out or develop a plan if it something. Only trained medical personal can really help you. I hope it all turns out well for you!

3. bingostring

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hi Mailman,

These are things worth asking your doctor about.

I personally get dizzy a bit when standing up. I think it is to do with blood flow adjusting itself.

The headache and nipple ... do ask your doctor and I trust it will be reassuring.

Good luck ! :slight_smile:

4. Yogaar2au

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I used to have a similar problem (for about 3 weeks) where every time I stood up I would get really dizzy and sometimes even forget where I was. (only lasting for a few seconds)
    I think it has something to do with blood pressure. I was told to drink more water and stay away from sugary drinks like soda, and after about a week it got better and now I don't get it anymore.

#4 Yogaar2au, Nov 5, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 5, 2013
  5. tamy

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Check with a doctor but sounds very much like blood pressure which can be controlled with tablets but get a check up NOW

6. Ruthven

I think it happens less often now, but sometimes when I stand up, my vision blacks out and I get dizzy. Lasts for a few seconds, then I'm good. But yeah, I think it used to happen more often in the past, but it's now only sometimes/rarely. It's been happening for years now. It hasn't really been an issue for me and I always get all my nutrients/water and everything I need so...

And I remember looking it up in a book early on, and I think it's like postural hypo(or hyper?)tension or something.

7. TheMailman

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Thanks for the quick reply guys!
    I'm going to get my blood-pressure checked tomorrow. If there's nothing wrong with it, I'll go see a doctor.

8. apostrophied

Ok, so let's see how well I can diagnose you. >:-] jkjk I'm not a doctor.

But here's what I can tell you with 100% certitude: none of these things are life-threatening or you'd be dead by now.

And here's what I can tell you with 99% certitude: the dizziness when standing up is called orthostatic hypotention, or basically a fancy way of saying that you get low blood pressure when you change body position because the blood pools in your extremities and your blood pressure isn't strong enough to push it back up to your brain fast enough. I have it, and I even got a seizure from it once, but it's not dangerous. Do you have low blood pressure? Are you underweight, or very skinny (frequent cause of low BP)? Do you drink enough water? Is it very hot where you are right now? These are all things that can affect it, at least for me.

The head shaking thing, well my totally-not-scientific hypothesis is that your brain is too small and when you shake your head, it flies around and hits your skull. Okay, no, I'm sure there's a better explanation for it but I don't have it. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

The nipple thing, maybe you're growing a single breast and it's taking a very long time? Haha jkjk, but once again, if you've always had it, it surely isn't very serious.

So, basically, I'd say get yourself to a doctor, but in the meantime, don't worry too much because as I said before, you wouldn't be posting here it were serious. :slight_smile: Good luck and let us know what the doctor says!

9. Ruthven

lol that got me :lol: