1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HIV and cum.. doctor please or anyone who wants to help!

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by PoeEdd, Nov 7, 2013.

1. PoeEdd

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Hello, Is it true that if i practice oral sex with my boyfriend and he cums on my mouth and I eat it I can get HIV or any other sexual illness? I mean and the one sucking and we arent using protection. Thanks in advance.

2. Ridiculous

It's possible to contract HIV and other STDs from oral sex. However you can only get HIV from someone if they have HIV - if neither of you have it then it isn't going to magically appear when you have sex and infect you.

Contracting HIV from oral sex is unlikely though, unless you have open wounds or cuts in your mouth that allow it to get into your blood stream. Other STDs are more likely, although once again you can't catch them unless your partner already has them.

Using protection is a good idea because it prevents situations where you catch something because your partner doesn't know they have an STD.

3. LD579

Everything that Ridiculous said is true. I'd like to add onto that, though: you can decrease your risk by being as sure as you can be that your partner is free of HIV and STIs (There is still a risk as you cannot be 100% sure, short of tailing that person all the time; also, many people have believed their partners to be loyal... only to find out that they haven't been). You can also make sure to not brush or floss your teeth a few hours before having oral sex, as that opens up tears in your mouth/gums, whether there is/was visible bleeding or not.

4. Tightrope

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Ditto on the above. Oral sex without an ejaculation should cause not much in the way of concerns, though it is not easy to tell if there has been some seepage of pre-ejaculate, which has the HIV virus in it.

I think that an ejaculation raises the risk, but it's still unlikely. There would have to be a portal of entry for the virus into the bloodstream. Though the mouth and throat are lined with mucous membranes, they are also coated with innumerable bacteria. The relatively weak virus that is HIV hitting this bacteria would kill the virus. I think that's why it's very rare.

One expert said that if oral sex was a conduit for HIV, we'd have a lot more sick people walking around. So it sort of makes sense that it's lower risk. Also, the experts themselves differ on their evaluation of risk. This has been the hottest topic in the realm of sexual behavior and HIV for quite a while. Also, note that while HIV may not be transmitted, a lot of bacterial infections can be transmitted. While there are effective antibiotics, more resistant bacterial strains develop and it can be trial and error with respect to which antibiotics the doctor will pick. For this urethral and oral sex related stuff, azithromycin seems to be the drug of choice. Really, it is better to use protection.

5. English Frenchman

Spit or swallow, don’t let it wallow.
    The mucous that coats your mouth is enough to prevent the disease from being contracted immediately. However, the longer you keep it in your mouth, the higher the risk of contracting HIV/AIDS. If you swallow it, your stomach acids are strong enough to kill the disease.

6. English Frenchman

Spit or swallow, don’t let it wallow.
    The mucous that coats your mouth is enough to prevent the disease from being contracted immediately. However, the longer you keep it in your mouth, the higher the risk of contracting HIV/AIDS. If you swallow it, your stomach acids are strong enough to kill the disease.