1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How To Get Bigger?

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by secretguyX, Nov 7, 2013.

1. secretguyX

So I'm a 15 year old guy (ftm). I'm pretty small to be honest. About 5'5" and 120 pounds. I work out every other day mostly working on stuff for abs and arms right now want to do chest stuff too. Now I can't take testosterone right now, I have to wait till 18 for that, 17 if I'm lucky. But I'm really small overall, short, small build, thin arms, like really thin forearms. Now I know I can't change some of that, but how do I go about getting bigger? I eat a good amount, but it doesn't seem to do much, if anything a little stomach weight. And that's one thing I don't want to have, a big stomach.

Is there some foods that will help me out or certain exercises or anything? :confused:

2. Data

Data Guest

A lot of it is just genetics and body type.

I'm 5'6" and 140 lbs. My top half is nicely built, but from my belly button to my waist I have a bulging belly spare tire that I'd say is 10 lbs of fat. I could probably get my stomach small with hard excercise, and I could probably build lots of muscle with hard training.

If you're small/skinny like me, you'll probably get a lean build with toned muscles.

If you're bulky and big like Hank from Breaking Bad, you'll never get slim and toned.

You just have to go with what body type you have. Really there is no way to get taller once you stop growing (like me) but you can certainly gain muscle.

3. Sunshine Cries

I would also say a lot of it's genetics. However, you're also in the general build of several people I know, and there is one thing that I can recommend, and that's ROWING. If you go to a gym, get on a rowing machine and just use that (there should be instructions on the actual machine, but if not, ask me on my profile page). It works MIRACLES. And while you're not taking testosterone, your muscles will build themselves to be slender, but I imagine that you'd bulk up a little more with T.
    Also, stay away from fats, and eat lots of proteins. As a vegetarian, I recommend protein shakes by the gallon, eggs (use one yolk for two eggs, two for three, etc. to cut cholesterol), fresh cheeses like goat or feta, plenty of milk, and tofu once a week (since soy boosts estrogen levels). If you're not veggie, though, fish is your best bet to go, since it's both lean and carries more amino acids.

You're not going to be huge, simply due to your body type, but I hope this will help. It's better than doing nothing. Other than that... Good luck, man!

~Sunshine

4. CharlieHK

CharlieHK Guest

Working out. I have a routine I do every other day. Gained ten-fifteen in total. For abs, I'd look up the thirty day ab challenge, cut junk food.

I'm currently 5'5" 147lbs.

Push ups really build up the back. Just so you know. Worked miracles for me.

5. toushirojaylee

Same here ftm 5'5 100 lbs. Too skinny. Do you have any advise on what to eat??

6. Some Dude

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    This description actually sounds a lot like me, except for the ftm part

7. toushirojaylee

How many pushups do you do per day?and what do you usually eat to build muscles?

8. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I believe the correct answer to that is "as many as you can within a few hours." I've been doing lots of pushups for the police academy, and I'm up to about 80 a day. That's in sets ranging anywhere from 10 to 30 in a burst, so it's not like I can pump them out like it's nothing, but I have noticed a slight difference in my pecs and lats.

As far as what to eat, anything with protein in it. Meat, nuts, peanut butter, protein shakes of course, all good. Doesn't even have to be a lot either-- a few servings a day will do the job. :slight_smile:

9. toushirojaylee

Thank you for the food infos :slight_smile:. Do I have to eat before doing pushups?Can I start doing 20 per day?Cause I go to work at 6am xD or should I do it after work?

Again, I'm too skinny. Is it okay if I build muscles eventhough I'm skinny?

10. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I heard from a personal trainer that from 0 to about 45 minutes after exercising is the best time to eat specifically for building muscle. But any time is okay unless it's JUST before and then you feel sick.

If you can only manage 20 reps a day, that's fine, as long as your arms are all wiggly afterward and you can't do any more hehe. You'll soon find you can do a few more than that, and that's progress.

If it weren't okay to build muscles if you're skinny, how would any skinny person get out of it? I'm fairly skinny (6'2" 170), but with my new workout schedule I'm getting a little more toned. It's nice.

11. toushirojaylee

Thanks, I'll probably do it after work..20-30 per day. I'm only 100 lbs xD I need to eat more than usual xD By the way, do you know how to work on abs?

12. Ridiculous

If you're doing bodyweight exercises (that is, you aren't using weights like dumbbells or anything) then the rule for how many to do is pretty much however many you can until you can't do any more :slight_smile:. You usually can't hurt yourself or do any damage by pushing yourself to your limit for bodyweight exercises. So 20-30 is great, but if you can't do that many yet that's fine, and if you can do more then that's great too.
    Make sure you are doing them properly though - it's better to do 10 properly and then not be able to do any more, rather than be able to do 30 without correct form.

The king of ab exercises in the crunch, see this video:

[youtube]qJp2s2WQ13M[/youtube]

He has other ab exercises on this page Abdominal Exercises - Scooby's Home Workouts

#12 Ridiculous, Nov 9, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 9, 2013
  13. Daydreamer1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hell yeah, a Scooby1961 video. Very cool guy who knows his stuff. I highly recommend seeing his videos.

But yeah; training, hard work and nutrition are important--but a lot of it comes back around to your genetics at the end of the day.

14. welshy92

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Looks for about 5-8 meals a day, so eat reguarly, ensure you are eating carbohydrates and protein and are increasing the weights you lift everytime you work out to overload your muscles

15. g4563

g4563 Guest

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    to be on hrt testosterone, u must be 16 in usa. take creatine pills and its safe for men and women to build your muscles, do push ups, and even sit ups.