1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Does anyone else just feel like bursting into tears when they're sick?

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Sully, Nov 10, 2013.

1. Sully

Two days ago, tickle in the back of throat.

Yesterday, sore throat/sinus'.

Today. Congested, sore throat, headache, fatigue/exhaustion feeling, weak muscles.

All I want to do is crawl into bed and weep :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: particularly when I'm feeling like this and I don't get my own way XD

Manflu to the max.

2. apostrophied

Yeah, I can get pretty emotional when I'm sick lol. Apparently, when I was a kid and I'd have a sore throat,I'd go up to my mom crying and she'd have to play guesses to know what was wrong lol. Feel better soon!

3. justjade

Oh, I do. It's mostly because I will have to take time off work. I can't afford to be sick right now since I'm the only one in my household who's employed, and I work a minimum wage job.

4. Maea96

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Idk why but I'm pretty lucky when it comes to being sick. I haven't been sick for almost two years, it's wonderful xD
    I realized this post is of no trust to you, sorry..

5. Illus1

TWO years? you are blessed lol Well with me I don't get sad but really angry & frustrated. It's especially hard when you live alone, heck I once broke a wooden spoon cooking while I was sick because my nose was irritating me.

6. Yogaar2au

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I don't get sick often, but recently my allergies have been acting up. Yesterday I kinda freaked out about it.

7. If I'm stressed already (which I often am if I'm sick, since it seems to weaken my immune system) then being physically miserable is the straw that breaks the camel's back.

I get irritable, unconsolable, pissed off, you name it. I can usually handle my stress constructively up to a certain point, then if there's more, I get sick and I get mad.

Doesn't happen terribly often, but around finals when my class load is particularly hard and I'm running on little sleep, it has been known to occur.

8. Flutters1980

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yes! This past Sunday my mom had to pick me up and bring me to the hospital. I had a 103 degree temp, body aches all over, weekness, and cough. It felt like I was being stabbed in the head repeatedly and I was in TEARS until they put the morphine into my iv. Tge diagnosis: The Flu. I've never had it this bad, I'm still in bed!:tears:

9. angel626

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    All the time because every time I get sick I always deal with a high fever and my whole body hurts. I feel you; get well.

10. Maea96

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I know xD I don't really understand why.. Guess my immune-system is very good :slight_smile:
    If you're sick and depressed, go sit in front of your tv, take a huge box of ice-cream, eat it and watch your favorite show :slight_smile: Or just derp around online, search up "inspirational quotes" or listen to emotional/spiritual music. (for me, that would be anime music) Usually helps me, at least..

11. AwkwardTalker

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    The worst sickness I ever get is a mild headache or a sore throat. However, I get really bad pains below my stomach when I'm on the first day of my period. Luckily it doesn't happen every time I'm on my period but when it does I swear off going through labour, I can get into a position and have to move again half a minute to a minute later (two minutes if I'm lucky), milk curdles in my stomach and I have almost cried due to my dad making jokes to make me feel better. I have puked a good couple of times (usually due to drinking milk before I realise I'm on my period but once I only got up bile). I have almost fainted three times. The pill is supposed to help but it can increase the chances of breast cancer and due to my history with breast cancer I'd rather not take the risk. Only Disprin and a hot water bottle helps.

12. vamonos

Being sick is no fun. Try to entertain yourself. Eat whatever you want and be lazy.