1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

oral sex

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by jason1111, Jun 12, 2008.

1. jason1111

jason1111 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    what's the safest way to perform it, I've read that the most concentrated part of the virus is there?

2. KaraBulut

Jason:

There's two ways to answer this question.

From a risk standpoint, the safest way to perform oral sex (fellatio, blowjobs) is with a condom. This reduces your chance of exchanging body fluids and avoiding skin-to-skin contact which is how gonorrhea, syphilis, hepatitis, herpes, genital warts and HIV are spread.

From a practical standpoint, a lot of people don't like the taste of condoms so they don't insist that their partner wear them. And to be honest, your best way to avoid getting something from giving a blowjob is to limit the number of people that you have sex with. If you chose your partners wisely and try to stay with the same person, you are at much lower risk for a sexually transmitted infection.

You should always use condoms with anal sex. With oral sex, it is a personal choice.

The most common viruses that you will find in the mouth and on the penis is human papilloma virus (which causes warts and cancers) and herpes virus (which causes a genital herpes and cold sores).

HIV is found in semen/precum and cannot survive on the surface of the penis. HIV cannot survive outside the human body, so it is not the penis that causes HIV infection- it is the semen or precum that comes out of the penis during sex that transmits HIV.

3. sexyalex

ok, basically i am going to scoop u in on some of the sex101 that i have learnt so far from EC cuz ur not the first to ask the question...but...

I am too pretty convinced that there are STI's one can contract through oral sex along with everyday illnesses from bacteria. However if ur not sure about ur partners status, i was informed that flavoured condoms seem to work and dispite everything it's good for both of u to have nice clean penises befor having oral sex. (wash ur hadns before too) and u should be fine. :wink:

others might have more constructive points :slight_smile:

4. Malchik89

Another way to be safe during it is to just not swallow,that helps with the fluids thing anyway. But yea understand you're taking a risk pretty much, just up to you and the recipient or giver to decide whether its worth it xD

5. suburbs_of_sodom

Northern Virginia...neither here nor there
    You're also at a much higher risk if you have cuts or open sores in your mouth, since the virus can enter that way. That's actually why unprotected anal sex is more risky than oral sex, because there are a lot of tiny cuts there which allow HIV/AIDS to enter the blood stream. So, if you plan on having unprotected oral sex, it might be a good idea to forgo flossing that day, lest you cut yourself (of course, do floss any other day, as to maintain proper dental hygiene).

6. Magicianguy131

Little Norway, Minnesota, United States of America
    If you don't wanna have oral sex, but still want the pleasure aspect of it, maybe you and your partner should try mutual masterbation or giving each other handjobs. Maybe even a combination of oral and then giving him a handjob, especially when he cums. It might be a bit messier but a lot safer.

Magicianguy131