1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do I have a heart problem?

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by MoyashiAlice, Nov 30, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MoyashiAlice

Not sure where to put this. If it belongs in another section, feel free to change where t goes admins. There are a few things that have made me wonder this.

For a long time I've had unusually cold hands, and everyone notices it. Like when I go touch my friends on the arm or something, or shake someones hand they always tell me that my hands are like blocks of ice. Also my entire body can be warm, but my hands will be freezing cold. Sometimes they get so cold that underneath the nail turns blue.

On a related note, last year I experienced some heart palpitations due to stress. When I had a echocardiogram it was written that I have a "suspected" hole in my heart, but the nurse circled normal. However, looking back on it I'm wondering if that was what caused the cold hands....

Finally, whenever I drink coffee or any sort of black tea, my heart instantly gets strong palpitations that really bug me.

Is this anything to be concerned about? If so, how to I treat it?

2. Martin

Board Member Admin Team Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The diagnosis and treatment of this type of health concern is best dealt with by a doctor. It is impossible for anybody to advise on this over the Internet, so if you have such concerns (which sound reasonable to have based on what you've said) you need to go and see a doctor about it as soon as possible. Nobody on EC is in a position to advise beyond that, I'm afraid.

Martin.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.