1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HIV Myths busted

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by DesertTortoise, Dec 1, 2013.

1. DesertTortoise

2. DesertTortoise

3. UndercoverGypsy

4. DesertTortoise

Why it's way important to share this--especially here where so many are young and have little idea what happened not that long ago.

Disheartened that there have been so few views... which seems to confirm the worst fears expressed in this article.

5. UndercoverGypsy

The article definitely has a point; I had no clue about the severity of epidemic. It's one of those things people kinda skim over.

6. Data

Data Guest

I did not know that anti-viral drugs dropped the transfer rate to 4%. I had saw a thread on EC in which members discussed HIV positive men and falling in love with a positive guy. Some said they wouldn't care, and others (like me) said we'd get over the love because we wouldn't have sex with a positive person. I have always swore I would never ever put myself in danger with STDs. This makes me rethink my original stance. If the drugs can lower the transfer rate to almost nothing, and you wear an intact condom, you're almost protected to the point that it's more likely you'll win the lottery.

7. Yes - important post, I have seen this from the beginning I know people who have been affected by HIV and education is very important