1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Post-Exposire Prolyphaxis

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by bitchyetough, Dec 10, 2013.

1. bitchyetough

Background:
    A few days ago I got drunk with a few friends and decided to go down town,
    Skip the part I was sick down town, I ended up fooling around (foreplay) with a nice looking guy a tad older than myself, who turned me over and dry penetrated me without any preparation and being drunk I more or less went along with it, he did finish off inside.
    I'm still trying to get in contact with the guy and ask a few natural questions.
    But until I find out his sero status, my first reflex the morning after when I came to my senses, and not wanting to take any more risks than necessary, I went straight to the Hospitals Emergency Services, handed in ID as required when presenting yourself there, and filled out the forms, including naturally describing the sexual encouter in detail.
    Last time I checker in any case a man who has un undetectable viral load is far less dangerous as far as unprotected sex goes than a man who doesn't know his sero-status.
    The practitioner analysed my case and gave me a PEP kit whilst waiting for the meds I have to take for a month to arrive.
    The meds are pretty harsh and have multiple side effects that are really common, and has only 80% success rate.

Two secondary (more morality kind of) questions
    Should I inform my parents of this? They are of the worrisome type like most parents, but they would react more than extremely badly andthey wouldn't be able to come with the idea of having a hiv positif child let alone whether or not it were true.
    However when I'll be going back to theirs, I don't see how I could sneak pills around and take them without them knowing and explaining a need to eat at 19:00.
    They may appear on my medical summary they recieve a copy of.
    Honestly, karma's a bitch and if I do get infected I'll deal with it myself, I literaly don't need 'moral support' or something like that but I also never planned on having unsafe relations and if in any case I somehow got hiv infected I wouldn't of been living at my parents and they wouldn't of known.

Also the side effects of the meds preoccupy me, my parents habe Chrones disease and constantly getting diarhea isnt going to be helping.

If anyone has taken PEP meds here and would be kind enough to share their experience/advice with me, via pm (if i can get them) or here, I would be ultimately grateful.

#1 bitchyetough, Dec 10, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 10, 2013