1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Thinking of going TeeTotal

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Beware Of You, Dec 14, 2013.

1. Beware Of You

I want to go teetotal (well straight edge) and kick alcohol forever, I don't like it much and there are better things to spend money on.

I know it may be antisocial to reject offers of drinks from family and friends but I don't care.

Are there any health benefits from skipping it all, I rarely drink as it is but I heard someone say that wine and stuff has health benefits

2. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Red wine does have some health benefit.

Straight-edge works pretty well for me, as I can't afford drinks, nor do I really like them a lot. However, when offered for free, I don't say no. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

3. im tee total.... im not sure im any healthier than people who drink occasionally though.

4. GeeLee

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    The only problem I have with being teetotal is that I see sights that I'd prefer not to see on a night out and I've no easy way of obliterating that memory.

Aside from that it's awesome.

5. Drago2012

Well, it's been proven that 1 beer a day its extremely beneficial for your prostate.

6. Oxelotl

Well..good idea. As someone who is teetotal (for all intents and purposes) it is a great life. Although one that gets snide remarks from friends.

7. TyRawr

Board Member Full Member

Yay! This post is making me happy because I was beginning to feel like I was the only one!