1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Stretch marks and loose skin after weight gain then loss

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by calmdown, Dec 25, 2013.

1. calmdown

calmdown Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hello,

I'd gained a high amount of weight then lost it. Of course, there are things remain like stretch marks and loose skin. I've been using lotions and doing exercises for it but not fast solutions at all. Now I have a boyfriend, of course I haven't told him about that. You know, can't tell it like "hey, my name is .. and my body sucks, telling this in case we make love/have sex", might be awkward. I would like to hear if there are more solutions about the loose skin issue. And uploaded two photos, want you guys to comment about how it looks. Please be honest. Maybe it's not that bad when I just stand but it's that bad when I bend over and I'm so afraid in case me and my boyfriend have sex and he might get disgusted. Argh! :dry:

Attached Files:

2. alex3191

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I'm not sure what to do about loose skin but a surgeon told me that putting olive oil on scars and stretch marks every day can help them fade also I think your body looks good try not to worry too much you probably think they look worse than they really are :slight_smile:

3. calmdown

calmdown Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I don't know. I've always been so, so worried about the way I look and my mind is always busy with this. The guy I'm with, not the best looking guy on the earth (of course to me, he looks great) but I'm worried about the time when we make love, have sex etc., the times when we have no clothes on. I'm afraid of the fact that he might get irritated. I go to the gym, it works for my arms, chest, shoulders etc. but gets difficult when it comes to my stomach. He's a nice, caring, loving boyfriend but also passionate. I'm also that way and even if I want something to happen with him, like sex, I pretend like I'm not really into it just because of that. Should I tell him that I'm not really comfortable with my body if he seriously offers sex? Damn, difficult things :frowning2:

4. Mitchell

You look fine...

5. OK - the guys can tell you HOW you look , I don't judge guys

I did not see any loose skin (trust me I was 250lbs now down to 128 I know loose skin AND stretch marks had them since puberty womyn get them just from hormone fluctuations)

the stretch marks are there but not real bad, the best treatment for them is Mederma

Mederma Skin Care for Scars, Scarring & Stretch Marks | Mederma.com

moderately expensive

next try Vitamin E, cut open the capsule and spread the fluid on the marks, it really helps

6. suninthesky

I think a lot more people have stretch marks than people think. I know I have them even from just being in the cold too long and then coming in and my skin swelling from getting warm again (like frostbite).

I think talking to your boyfriend about insecurities a bit is a good thing - it shows him that you trust him. When we're vulnerable we form the closest relationships. I think that's something that you should feel comfortable talking to him about.

7. Gen

Gen

Stretch marks are scars that often reach a few layers into the skin. This is why when they fade, you can feel the impression of the marks on your skin and the skin that shows is often lighter than the surrounding skin. This is why "quick fixes" for stretch marks are almost exclusively commercial foolery. The only way to get rid of stretch marks in a near immediate fashion would be through laser procedures as you would be removing the scarred layers of skin; however, the problem is that your skin wouldn't be any healthier or elastic and would therefore begin to stretch again almost immediately. So, I wanted to preface all of this with the reality that attempting to remove them once they've established themselves is going to take months of effort.

Organic oils will likely be one of the best tools you can use to get rid of stretch marks and any other skin scar. Some people recommend olive oil, aloe vera, etc, but I personally prefer coconut oil as it has an abundance of nutrients and can also be use to moisturize the hair in addition to the skin. Organic oils should be used after showers and before sleep for the best results. It might take some time to be able to gauge how much you should use so your skin isn't left wet or oily, but ultimately they should be rubbed in completely when applied. There are other things that can be added to them such as a few drops of lemon or essential oils for added benefits, but those aren't specifically necessary.

The biggest thing for stretch marks is that; one, the skin needs to be kept moisturized consistently enough so that they start spreading; and two, the skin is consistently receiving enough nutrients and vitamins to replenish the scarred cells.

So, against common myth, it is possible to get rid of stretch marks in nearly every case. It is just something that will require a span of long term effort and, ultimately, it just depends on how determine the individual is on sticking to their processes and waiting for the gradual results.

8. bingostring

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I think suninthesky is quite right..

But if you can't get over the problem, you could see a doctor or surgeon about it.

But in my view suninthesky has it ... Anyone you are going to get intimate with will have insecurities of their own ... also, nothing wrong with the lights down low..

(Hot body by the way !!) :smilewave

9. Stridenttube

Stridenttube Guest

How much weight did you lose? You look great, if your BF loves you then loose skin isn't going to push him away lol. Congrats on losing weight btw

10. redneck

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Don't worry about it bro. Lets face it, if you get to the point of sex with someone who loves you then you could have scars from being stabbed and he wouldn't care. Your body looks fine.

have lost 50 pounds since October and I feel I look worse at 280 than I did at 330 cause I'm still fat and now I have loose skin and I'm lumpy because I didn't lose weight evenly around my body. I am not in a relationship but I have had several casual encounters and it seems that I notice alot more than other people do. And these are guys that have no emotional connection to me. If dude loves you then the problem becomes even more trivial.

11. if he is disgusted by your body if/when you have sex i would suggest you get a new boyfriend. i dont see any loose skin at all, we are our worst critics though but i dont see anything wrong with you at all.

12. MrAllMonday

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    OH MA LORD! YOU ARE HOT! BEAUTIFUL BODY! SEXY! GORGEOUS!

It actually looks great to me. Not sure what other people will think.

You can use shea butter mixed with olive oil to smooth out your stomach. You may also consider using a derma-roller.

13. calmdown

calmdown Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Aww thanks a lot for the replies. Maybe it can't really be seen through the photos but there's loose skin. As I said, not so much when I stand but it's seen pretty much when I sit or bend over. If we ever get close to the point to have sex, make love etc., I'll tell him.

14. calmdown

calmdown Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Today we were talking and during the conversation, I said "you know, I'm not so comfortable with my body, as I told you before, especially the situation of my stomach after losing weight". He said he loves me for who I am and he doesn't care. He said everybody has flaws and told me about problem about his spine as an example, which causes him being not able to stand upright completely. I said I'd not realize at all. Anyway, this long conversation made me feel much more comfortable and we ended up having sex by texting and sending photos, don't know if it's good or bad but we just did :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

15. Aldrick

Awesome! :thumbsup:

I'm glad you feel so much better. It's like everyone else told you, when someone is attracted to you the flaws that WE SEE in our own bodies are usually invisible to them. The overwhelming majority of the time it's our own insecurity that gets in the way, and it's important to understand that EVERYONE has some type of insecurity. Even the people we think are the sexiest people alive. We live in a culture that constantly encourages us to find flaws in our bodies, and there is an entire market out there designed to capitalize on that insecurity.

In the end, confidence is usually one of the sexiest things a person can have; when you're confident about your body, other people usually follow your lead.

I'm glad you talked things over with him, and things ended so well. (*hug*)

16. MrAllMonday

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Call them tiger stripes. Not stretch marks.