1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do I learn to ignore what others think of me

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Beware Of You, Dec 28, 2013.

1. Beware Of You

So sometimes I'm all fine and grand, then I start thinking about what others think about me as a gay person. Like "Look at that gay person I bet his parents are ashamed" or what people from my school think about me, or what others think about seeing a gay couple around the place.

It brings me down to Earth, I get all depressed thinking about it, what my family friends and relatives think etc. I sometimes judge my parents incorrectly, I mean I hid my sexuality from them for years because I assumed they would be ashamed of me and I just want to make them proud.

I can't turn these feelings off not matter how hard I try, and I then consider harming myself again, thankfully my boyfriend makes me meditate or something to get over it (he must care for me to put up with my mood swings over this)

2. CharlieHK

CharlieHK Guest

No matter where you go, or what you do, there's always going to be someone who hates you for some reason. The best thing you can do is work on having thick skin.

Adapt the "I don't give a fuck" attitude, because the best comeback to hate is no reaction. People like knowing that what they say hurts. They like knowing you'll react to it. Don't give them the satisfaction, don't let there idiotic, uneducated, hateful, phobic ideals effect you.

Easier said than done. I know.