1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

No hair

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by jayden, Mar 19, 2007.

1. jayden

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I've just turned 16 and still have no hair under my arms or pubic hair around my penis. I'm small for my age (which could be the reason):icon_ques
    I have 2 younger brothers. My 13 year old bro has a bit of pubic hair down below.
    hope this is not a stupid question :dry:

2. Sleepless

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Nah, it's not stupid. Actually, i'm sure somebody your age has done some...uh...searching on the net, and hair/no hair comes up quite often in the homosexual community. Generally, larger, more hairier men are considered 'bears' or 'cubs' if they're younger. Twink is a term used for guys usually 18-20 that are relatively hairless and it's usually an object of sexual fascination. Sorry if that made you uncomfortable, but a little information doesn't hurt.

Personally, I would'nt worry too much about that. You could be one of those late bloomers (most guys are) or it's simply genetics. Some guys just don't have alot of hair. And being short/small for your age probably means you came into puberty late. Nothing to worry about, some people develop slower than others.

When I was your age, I had more than enough hair, in my opinion, and it only got worse as I got older. Wish I was like you, I hate having a hairy chest, and everything else. Though it keeps me warm in the winter.:lol:

Facial hair is another thing though. Most - not all - guys start getting a little 'peach fuzz' on their chins and cheeks around age 11-13. You're so lucky not to have to shave every other day like some of us, though I guess part of the hubub of the stereotypical 'becoming a man' is the whole first shave business.

Still, with the current society, people seem to fuse chest hair and beards/gotees with masculinity. I wouldn't worry about it. I have a short gotee myself, and I think it adds a bit of maturity to my looks.

#2 Sleepless, Mar 19, 2007
    Last edited: Mar 19, 2007
  3. Micah

Hey jayden,

If your brother has pubic hair then chances are you're just a late bloomer (especially if you're penis is small for your age). Guys tend to start growing their pubic/underarm hair around the same time that their penis growth accelerates.

If you dont have any facial hair and your voice hasnt broken, I would just wait a few more months to see how things turn out before you start panicking :wink:

4. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

When I started college at 16 there was a guy there who was also 16 but looked about 13-14, obviously wasn't shaving, no visible body hair, though obviously I don't know about his genitals and under-arm hair etc. Within the two years we were there together he had virtually caught up with everyone else. He still looked youthful, and would probably never be very hairy, but certainly didn't look like a "child" any more.

I reckon the same will happen with you.

5. Sleepless

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    For some reason people seem to relate body and facial hair with maturity. While I agree that a well trimmed beard is a bit synonomous with the age-old sign for wisdom, I don't think it really matters if we had any at all, or if we looked like a sasquatch. Maturity has nothing to do with hair, other than that males tend to grow a bit more during puberty.

Wow, wish I looked youthful. I never really took care of my body and everyone always commented on how much older I looked.

6. Jamie

Drammen, Norway (from England originally).
    or you could see the other side of the coin. A relitively late bloomer can sometimes shoot up taller than all his class mates, voice alot deeper and well i'll leave the rest to your imagination. All depends really, everybody is different so don't worry it'll come some day... and you won't even realise when it does.

7. jayden

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hi Dave, i can't sleep (it's 2.20AM here in Sydney). a good time for me to get on the net (my 2 brothers are asleep!)
    no mate, no facial hair yet and my voice hasnt broke yet. maybe in the next few months it will. My 13yo brothers voice also hasnt broke but he is taller than me and must be growing a bit quicker!

8. Sleepless

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Then again some people are just naturally short and have very little body hair. Blame genetics.

9. jayden

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    hi Paul, yeah mate ive been told i would pass for 11 - 12yo. Im the same size as some 1st year high school kids at my school (im now in my 5th year of high school). My 13yo bro is taller than me and my 10yo bro is not to far behind me. Blonde & red hair run in our family and even my dad isnt hairy. Must be in the genes.

10. jayden

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    hi sleepless, you are like me (its half 2 in the morn here!). Being short and skinny seems to run in the male side of our family. My dad is only about 5 feet 6" and not much hair.

11. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

It may be worth taking some measurements (height, waist, chest, weight, whatever..) and noting where hair is present and absent (photos?), then checking again in maybe 6 months. If things don't seem to be developing at all, then perhaps go and see your doctor. If things are developing though (and taking the notes now will allow you to make comparisons) just assume you're a late developer and you'll catch up in due course.

Apart from the lack of hair, have your genitals developed normally and become functional? I am not a doctor, but I think that would be a fair indication of whether or not you are progressing through puberty.

12. jayden

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    hi Paul, yep mate everything seems to be the norm in that area. i must get back to bed for some sleep otherwise i will be like a zombie at school today. :lol:

13. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

I don't think you've got too much to worry about then. Give yourself some more time and all will be fine.

And be grateful you don't have to shave every day - some people don't know how lucky they are! :slight_smile:

Goodnight.

14. Sleepless

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Ditto on that. And I hate it when your facial hair is kinda funny where you have to shave against the grain to do anything worthwhile.

15. JayHew

In Loving Memory Regular Member

Jayden, from the sounds of things, you are a bit of a late bloomer. As long as you are developing normally in the genitals area, the lack of hair etc may not be a huge issue, just that you are responding to the testosterone levels to make certain things happen. You will likely "catch" up a bit later.

The caveat here would be if you are approaching 17 and things haven't changed or in your estimation "improved" then it would behoove you to have things checked out by the doc. The reason could be low level of testosterone being produced and you may need a bit of help along this line. Otherwise you may not be able to have children and there are a few other things that can be going on and I won't get into those. There is a saying in medicine, common things happen more commonly, so likely you are just ramping up for a full swing of the male juice needed for the secondary sexual characteristics. Just don't let it go for a long time if nothing seems to be changing.

Good luck, and I have to agree with Paul- not having to shave, etc is sometimes a great thing, so enjoy it while you can.

16. Isaac

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Lucky.

I'm Italian and with balck hair. I would die to have blonde or brown hair becasue it is so unnoticable. As you can tell i'm not one for body hair. I hate it and i think most guys are much sexier with no hair. If i could i would pay to have it all gone except for maybe my underarm hair and obviously facial. I just think that

1) It's sexier to have no hair
    2) You don't need hair on your back, your ass etc
    3) And it's a lot more fun masturbating with no pubic hair. Just buy some baby oil and it's a lot smother enviroment, and much more fun. You may not like it but some people are jealous! With back hair i have to shave my facial hair practically every 3rd day!