1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is it anxiety or physical?

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by myownuniverse, Jan 4, 2014.

1. myownuniverse

Out Status:
    A few people
    Nothing to do with sex, but I am not feeling to well since I started to realize that I might be something other than straight.

I have always think about everything to much and it eats me every day, but I manage to handle it.

Since I started questionning my sexuality I started to experience panic attack, I am always anxious when I am alone in a place where I don't know people, like when I go shopping, or at theatre. Even so it happens when i am with someone too.

I feel my palms sweating, my head spinning, my mouth is dry, and I sometimes think I am going to die there.

In addition to that since last month my blood pressure drop twice. I do'nt know how it is count in your countries, but in france I went to 13 to 7 in a second, I was feeling awful both time, and nearly blacked out.

I took some tests who came back good everytime.

My coming out experienced were not bad for the reactions I get, but it was awful because, I was crying like crazy while I confessed it, and I don't even know why, certainly because I was opening myself, a thing that I never do with nobody.

So here is my question, does anybody experienced physical issues when you realised you were not straight?
    I am becoming crazy thinking about all these things I feel and not knowing where it si from.

2. I didn't, but being gay didn't make me anxious. I do get likes this when I go to big places or bright places. I think you may be having anxiety attacks. Do you have a therapist or a counselor?

3. myownuniverse

Out Status:
    A few people
    No I never saw anybody, a lot of my friends tell me to go see someone though, I am always taking the pain of people on me and it makes me exhausted, I think a lot about starting a therapy, it would surely help me, but as I still leave at my parents they know everywhere I go and I don't want them to know that I get in therapy.

It's not a shame or nothing like that it's just my older sister is already on one, and I strongly think that if I go too my mother will think she failed at being a mom.

Anyway, thank you very much for the reply!

4. Lindsey23

I have anxiety for a lot of reasons, being gay is just one of them! Therapy does help. If you're worried about what your parents will think don't tell them. It's none of their business. Tell them you're getting together with a friend, going shopping or whatever. Just make something up. Therapy is personal and PRIVATE. No one needs to know why you are going or even that you are going.

5. girlonfire

I think maybe you've always had anxiety and now it's just showing itself now? Try talking to a therapist or a doctor.