1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sex and the type of bed you use

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Tyrael, Jan 6, 2014.

1. Tyrael

Ok so I'm not sure if this is in the right place or not but here goes. I am moving into a new flat and along with everything else, I'll be getting a new double-bed.

What I want to know is, is there any real difference between having sex on a memory-foam mattress and having sex on a standard pocket-sprung mattress? I realise I should probably just be concerned about which is more comfortable to sleep on, but this thought crossed my mind so I felt I should ask! :lol: thanks!

2. June Cleaver

Memory foam bed is best.... It is just harder for the receiver to be on top because her legs sink in the bed. Otherwise memory foam is best for sex and sleeping. June

3. greatwhale

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I have a memory foam mattress, and I agree with June, it's a bit harder on the bottom, however, heaven to sleep on.

...of course there's always a granite countertop for a deliriously different experience...:eek:

4. AwesomGaytheist

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Memory foam is awful for sleeping or sex! Brendan and I slept in a memory foam bed when we stayed a night at my aunt's apartment, and you felt like you were sinking. If we'd tried to do anything like that, it'd have been an absolute disaster!

Anyway, my queen bed at my parents' house is big enough and though it makes some noise, you figure out how to reduce the noise with some practice. At his house, his is as silent as a rock.

Dorm beds are a whole new ballgame...

5. Tyrael

I ended up getting myself a fantastic mattress, coil sprung with a 5cm layer of memory foam at the top. So you get the softness of memory foam with the springy feeling of a normal mattress. I also got to try out having sex on it the other night and can confirm it's great haha

6. Blondeye

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Any bed really works for me... Lol... I'm not too picky but that could be because I'm not familiar with the more advanced ones... Lol

7. Mysz

The floor, since my dorm bed is too noisy and my rug is pretty soft. Go with a memory foam mattress if you have any choice, though! If you don't like sex on it, there are plenty of other creative places to go in the house, and getting a good night's sleep is the most important.

8. chadpeterson

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Ultimately it's a matter of personal preference.

I would imagine that the best beds for intercourse would be firm, slightly bouncy ones. Even better is something with independent, inflatable air bladders for variety's sake.

Memory foam is not all the same. I like to sleep low, so I have a 5.3lb density, 3" thick topper on top of 4lb density, 4" thick topper

9. tulman

In a car and the back of my truck, bent over my motorcycle (be careful not to burn your legs on the hot exhaust pipes), in wet grass, in a pool and hot tub, on the floor, in all sorts of different beds and unusual places. They all seem to work out just fine. I bet that in the heat of the moment it won't matter to you what kind of mattress you're on. Get the best one for sleeping and plenty wide for at least two people. That's what matters. As long as you're going for a new one make sure it's at the right height for a comfortable entry in to what ever orifice you're about to penetrate when standing next to the bed. Bent knees or tip toes can be distracting and uncomfortable.