1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Buzzed/High feeling when sick.

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Joey4, Jan 6, 2014.

1. Joey4

Anytime I get sick (currently), I always have this slighted buzzed or high feeling. If I turn my head left or right, it feels like what my eyes see are always a millisecond behind.

Does this happen to anyone else?

I read it could be from dehydration, though I've been hydrating well fpr the past two days. I also read that our balance has something to do with our ears, so when we get a cold and get stuffy, it throws our balance off a bit. However, I'm not stuffy.

And please no replies about going to see a doctor.

2. Joey4

Nothing, huh?

3. Drago2012

Well, since this is never happened to me, I don't know what to tell you other than go see a doc, but you don't want to go see one, why? Is it because you don't have insurance?
    Though I do get something similar, but has nothing to do with being sick, as it happens randomly. I suffer from vertigo, and the feeling I get is like this:
    "At completely random moments, and at random intervals, my eyes will go haywire and my balance will run out the door." The thing that happens to my eyes is something like what you described, only worse. If I try looking at a single point in a room, my vision will be shaking as if there was an earthquake and I'd get the feeling that the whole room is spinning out of control. I take Dramamine (the active ingredient is Meclizine HCI and each pill is 25mg, I only take 1 when I get an episode)to keep it in check, it's a non drowsy motion-sickness over-the-counter medicine that could help you if what you are describing, indeed has something to do with motion-sickness.
    I hope that help.

4. Joey4

That's wild. I've never heard of that. But then again, you've never heard about the thing in was talking about. Maybe it's not son strange, then. How long have you been experiencing that?

There's no need to see a doctor about it. While, yes, I have no insurance, it's been a very normal thing for me all my life whenever I get sick and doesn't call for urgent attention. I'm not concerned, rather curious. I'm just about over my illness and feel totally normal.

They tell you to take in plenty of fluids when you're sick, I suppose I was just dehydrated. When I drank more water, the severity of the condition seemed to lessen.

5. WhiteShadows

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yes! I'm not sure if it's the exact same thing, but if I get sick or have a slight fever I can feel kind of high.. like if I close my eyes deeply I get this rush to my head that feels kind of nice....
    anyway, I'm pretty sure it's normal...

6. Kasey

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Simple, your inner ear has an imbalance of fluid which is causing your nerves which are attached to little hairs that send signals to your brain providing information such as orientation (in space... Not sexuality) or motion. Extra fluid in the inner ear usually causes overstimulation which makes you feel like you are moving when you aren't. This is usually the case for feelings of vertigo which seems to me like what you are describing.