1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

This one thing helped me get off alcohol addiction

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Tyrael, Jan 12, 2014.

1. Tyrael

Ok so I am para-phrasing this. I listened to this guy recently and one of the things he mentioned was as follows and I loved it.

"I have guys coming to me all the time, "what are you trying to say, there's something wrong with smoking weed or with drinking??"

When you become successful you don't ask what's wrong with something, you ask what's right with it.

How is what I'm doing right now going to help me to get to where I'm trying to get to? Look you want to drink, you're grown I ain't going to tell you not to drink. But where I'm going, I need to be in my right mind 365 days of the year."

So I began asking what's RIGHT with drinking? Nothing that I can find that's more important than what I'd gain from ditching it.

#1 Tyrael, Jan 12, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2014
  2. lssl

lssl Guest

I seem to remember your last post about alcohol addiction. I'm really glad that it's going well so far! Addiction sucks hard and I think it's wonderful that you're learning to manage without alcohol. Is there any way we can continue to support you?

3. Tyrael

You're right, I suppose I should have included my original post there. I have been struggling for a while with alcohol. I recently discovered this guy an his talks have made a huge difference.

I really appreciate this forum and everyone on it who is so willing to give advice and support to people. I try my best to do the same. I am moving into my own flat next week so I'll be living on my own for the first time in my life. I guess I'll need support on that but so far I'm doing ok :slight_smile:

4. lssl

lssl Guest

You have no idea how happy that makes me! I've been trying to quit smoking as I mentioned on the last thread and it hasn't been going well at all so I'm very glad to hear you're doing better than I am in that regard. I just want to reiterate that you can always post on my wall if you need some extra support. I am happy to listen!

5. Tyrael

Well I'm glad to hear that. You can stop smoking, it's not easy but I managed it almost two years ago as I believe I mentioned before also. I've got faith in you and I'm sure you'll manage it. Thank you :slight_smile: likewise feel free to contact me if you have any questions at all, regarding, well anything really!