1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hair removal products

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Hopeful, Jan 13, 2014.

1. Hopeful

Just wondering what everybody uses to get rid of unwanted hair. I've always just shaved. My armpits, genital area, legs.

I got a tube of Nair once. Bad idea... I didn't use enough/didn't leave it on long enough the first time and it didn't work very well and the second time I read the directions wrong and left it on for too long and got a chemical burn. That was PAINFUL. It was like a wicked a sunburn all over my legs, but the skin looked pretty normal, just a little irritated. I can't remember if I used the rest of the tube up or just threw it out at that point.

So yeah, shaving is what works for me. I do it almost religiously every three days and by that third day I'm really needing to shave, but at least it's not like it's every morning or something.

2. BookDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Shaving...every frigging day and I hate it. Sometimes I'll use veet hair removal cream for my legs 'cause it makes them smooth for a little while but the effect doesn't last long...

3. Kasey

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Nair contains calcium hydroxide, a caustic base. That's why a lot of people stay away from it. Especially with sensitive skin.

4. Jwis

I've been lucky with the hair removal creams, the calcium hydroxide doesn't really irritate me. So it's what I use. I know they make versions for sensitive skin.

5. bassmaster

Laser hair removal. It's not that expensive. See your local dermatologist.

6. BookDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    "Laser hair removal. It's not that expensive. See your local dermatologist."

Why are you not making a fortune in advertising?

7. bassmaster

8. BookDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    OH. MY. GOD.

So remember I said how I had used creams and not thought much of them?! Well this morning I thought I'd use what I had left (hair was getting long and I HATE shaving my legs) and accidentally ran out on one leg and had to finish two different types...but put lots of it on...

SO SMOOOOOOOTH! OMG they are silky :3

Totally crap everywhere else but for legs, I'm a convert forever! :grin: I don't care if it IS expensive, if I ever get a date I'm going to be making sure I use it!

9. thekillingmoon

There's waxing as well. I've never done it personally, sounds painful. I just shave. Fortunately I wear jeans most of the year, so no one gets to see my legs. I try to shave at least once a week, sometimes I'm lazy though lol.

10. AwkwardTalker

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    I use the Veet cream. Once I've used Nair and I have a tube I still have to open. I don't think I'll ever shave. When I was seven I saw my mammy standing in the bath shaving her legs. Some blood was running down one leg.