1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

my belly button

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by jayden, Mar 20, 2007.

1. jayden

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    hope that you guys out there dont think that this is a silly topic :redface:
    Ive always been embarrassed about my belly button. i have an outie. All the male members in my household have them (2 younger brothers and dad). When i was younger other kids would tease me. Has this happened to anyone else out there? :confused:

2. JayHew

In Loving Memory Regular Member

Having and innie or an outie seems to be something that runs in families, but doesn't mean much, except those who have the outies seems to want the innies and some of the innies seem to want the outies. It is cosmetic for some and not for others. Some prefer one over the other, so it is not something to be self conscious about.

Look at it this way Jayden, at least you don't have to worry so much about the "lint holder" aspects of those who have the innie belly button. How great is that, to have things working at a good make out session and to have someone tickle that belly button with a tongue only to come away with a matting of lint over it. Sort of yuck. So be content with what you have.

3. jayden

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    yeah mate i think im a bit of a worry wart. Probably being teased when i was younger didnt help. im still a bit self conscious about it when i go to the beach or walk around in public without a shirt on. :icon_redf

4. Micah

One of my friends has an outie, personally I love it. But I suppose some people will make fun of anything different these days! Anyway, when you're walking around with minimal clothing on, I doubt the first thing everyone is going to look at is your belly button!

5. dfgnan21

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    haha yeah. i say just get some hot abs and nobody will be looking at your belly button, they'll be too awe struck!

6. jayden

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Thanks for the replies guys. i think it will be a while though before i get some hot abs. Im only 4 feet 11" and as skinny as a rake. :confused:

7. johny

hey , i have an outie belly button to , well it is not really outie but at the same time i can't say it is innie , it is rolled and wrapped up around its self in a very weird way , it bothers me alooooooot , it really really bothers me , i don't go to swimming pools with my fiends because of it , í am always afraid that they will make fun of it :frowning2:

8. Boyfriend

Boyfriend Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    It´s just a scar. They are all different.
    Don´t be ashamed of yours.

9. Amerigo

some people have a belly button fetish - i don't - so perhaps it's good in one sense.

10. Zaio

Zaio Guest

I may be wrong here, but it was my understanding that an outie is not genetic, and is either caused by extra tissue left from the umbilical cord, or caused by the umbilical cord being pulled out incorrectly, causing a small hernia.

As for outies vs innies, it doesn't really matter OP, if you find a guy that cares that much about one, then he still has a false mindset that everybody has perfect bodies, and as such isn't ready to be with a guy.

All the best.

11. emz

emz

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I have an outie and it bothered me quite a bit from getting teased about it. Unfortunately my solution probably won't help you as I got mines pierced and my belly bar now hides it.
    However, when I was getting it pierced, I did ask if males got theirs done and she said she had done quite a few on guys in the past.