1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

JayHew: Doctor in the house

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Paul_UK, Mar 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

JayHew works in the medical profession and is a regular poster in the health section at ###. He has kindly agreed to help with this section here at EC, and indeed has already posted some excellent advice in a few recent threads.

I will let him introduce himself in this thread, and let you know what info would help when asking for advise etc.

Thanks JayHew, and welcome to EC! :thumbsup:

2. JayHew

In Loving Memory Regular Member

Re: Doctor in the house

Hello to all. Also would like to thank Paul for offering to let me try this with the hope of being of some service with advice and information.

I have worked in the medical profession for over 33 years and currently am in a rural/remote location in Alaska in Family Practice as the sole medical provider.

The advice given here is of a general nature and not necessarily specific to a particular medical problem you might have or are experiencing. It is not meant to be view as absolutely correct to your specific complaint as you are not in a position where you can be properly examined or medically tested and in some cases all that can be done is to have advice given to see your personal physician. Again, advice given here is for general consumption and is not intended to be definitive or final in any way.

If there is specific information needed, I will try to do my best to give you that information or at least refer you to sites where the information is available. Above all remember, if you have a complaint about something and it is not improving or appears to be getting worse, you should seek out your personal physician to have it properly diagnosed and treated.

Some don't mind asking things in the public threads, but if you are a bit shy about doing so, you are welcome to PM me and I will try to give you specific advice or refer you to some place that will have it, or even tell you to seek your doc.

Looking forward to the time here and meeting you all. Thank you again Paul for the opportunity.

JayHew :smilewave :icon_bigg

3. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

Re: Doctor in the house

One thing to add:

When you post (or send a PM to JayHew) with a medical query, please include as much information as you can about the problem. For example how long it has lasted, whether it is getting better or worse, what treatment or tests you have already had, things you have already tried, any other conditions you have or treatments you are receiving, and also your age and gender.

The more info our doc has, the better he will be able to advise you. Of course for more general questions, less specific information is needed or relevant.

4. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

I am just bumping this thread because someone mentioned in a thread today that they didn't know who JayHew was.

With his extensive background in the medical profession I am certain he could help with any medical issue, and in the unlikely event that he doesn't have the answer himself he will be able to find out.

Also don't be embarrassed to ask him anything. He will have encountered almost every possible embarrassing issue during his career, and as seen in his replies here nothing flusters him! You can send him a PM if you don't want to discuss it in the forum. Or of course you can use the Anonymous section.

5. AzThRg0

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I have seen many of JayHews posts and they are great. He is very helpful, smart and a great asset to EC and we are all glad to have him here ^_^

6. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.