1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Condoms - a few questions

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by paris, Jan 17, 2014.

1. paris

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I was surprised to read on the Internet how many people think that a woman who carries condoms is slutty or that in a straight relationship it's the guy's job to put the condom on. It made me curious to ask a few questions. :icon_wink

1) Do you carry condoms with you when you go out?
    Yep.
    2) Do you, or your partner, have your favorite brand/shape/flavor...?
    Yes, he does. They are rather expensive but he says they fit him the best.
    3) Who puts the condom(s) on for sex?
    I do. I believe my bf with my life but not with this. I need to know the condom is okay.
    4) Who buys the condoms you use during sex?
    Both.

2. Ben

Ben

Always, chocolate, whoever's wearing it and what's the point in paying when you can get them for free :wink:

3. AwkwardTalker

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    1. No. I want to first have sex with someone I love. Either that or a sex worker if I get too impatient.

2. I have only bought one box of condoms and it was Durex. The Thin Feel I think.

3. My girlfriend/boyfriend, if s/he doesn't know how to already, will learn how to properly put a condom/in.

4. I'm fine buying condoms but I'd hope my girlfriend/boyfriend would be comfortable as well.

4. AwesomGaytheist

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Don't need to. I'm taken.
    My favorites are the Durex ones because they fit better, and I get those for free on campus, however the ones we buy are Lifestyles Ultra Sensitive, as they're the cheapest in bulk (a 40 pack for about $9 at the local Wal-Mart), and they get the job done. I really like the individual Durex colored condoms, because they have witty and hilariously inappropriate captions and pictures on the front. I couldn't find a picture, but says "ONE adrenaline rush" and has a picture of a stick figure drawn on a light switch with the switch in the "on" position (get it?)
    I put it on myself. That's mainly because it involves getting out of bed and walking across the room to my desk and getting one out of the bottom drawer.
    Both. Whenever we're out and about we'll stock up, or if we run out, we make a special trip.

#4 AwesomGaytheist, Jan 17, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2014
  5. BookDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Nope, I wouldn't ever need them. Firstly because I don't think I'd ever find anyone to use them with, and secondly because I don't intend on sexing on the first date, so I'd get some if I knew I needed them.
    No, but then I don't have a partner and have never used a condom so...
    I don't know? I guess if I knew how I'd put them on him, whoever he is...
    I don't have any sex, so currently nobody xD

6. blueskies

blueskies Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    1) I don't since I'm in a relationship.

2) We use a type of extra thin condoms. My boyfriend chose them because he'd used them before and liked them.

3) It depends. Usually he puts it on himself.

4) It's usually him

:slight_smile:

7. redneck

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    1) Sometimes, I won't take one when I go to the bar closest to my house cause I'm usually the only gay guy there. Besides if I did find someone to hookup with there odds are we would go to my place.
    2) Depends but usually I put them on him. I don't hardly ever top so it's hard to remember if I put them on me more often or if my partner does.
    3) Lifestyle's Ultra Sensitive. Why, because they are a bit wider at the base and don't roll themselves back off like most others do.

4) I am single and keep a supplies at home, if I'm going out and know there is a good chance of hooking up I have one with me, but if he brings/has his own then I guess he bought today.

---------- Post added 17th Jan 2014 at 05:55 PM ----------

BTW if you are afraid of looking slutty get a smaller bottle of lube or a 3 pack of condoms. As your supply gets low buy the same brand in bulk. Refill the small container and hide the bulk container.

For example if I have a box of condoms that holds 40 but there are like 7-8 left that looks bad, but if I put 2 of them in a box that only holds 3 that doesn't look as bad because it looks like I've only used one.

8. ladylovelylocks

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    1. I used to but currently in relationship where they aren't needed :wink:
    I started carrying condoms back in highschool...mostly just to parties and camping. I had told my mom bout a friend who had had unprotected sex and mom bought me a box and she said that even if I didnt need one for a long time from then a friend might. I got some teasing about being slutty and I just always said you can think what you want but I know what I do and don't do. You wouldn't believe how many times I bailed friends out with those condoms mom gave me lol.

2. Her pleasure/sensitive

3. I always put them on. Gotta know its done right!

4. If I am in a relationship with a guy either one of us buys or we both have them

9. sldanlm

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Yes.

So far all we've been using is the Trojan Magnum XL, and they still don't go all the way down.

I do. I want to make sure there's no problems with the condom, and that it's put on okay. BF is perfectly okay with this. Actually BF is okay with anything I do or don't do.

He does, or rather did. Haven't needed any in a while. :icon_sad: