1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Good Shampoo

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Hopeful, Jan 22, 2014.

1. Hopeful

I work at a pool. I lifeguard, teach swim lessons, and swim laps. I'm in the water at least 4 days a week, but usually twice a day during those days. I always wash my hair and use shampoo and conditioner afterwards... plus I try to get my hair wet and/or put conditioner in my hair before I teach swim lessons. I usually accomplish at least getting my hair wet about 50% of my lesson times. Each lesson chunk could be 30 minutes or up to two hours at a time. Usually 1-2 hours.

I've been using this Ultra Swim chlorine removal shampoo and a Pantene conditioner (depends on which one I find interesting at the store when I go). At home I just got this Argan Oil shampoo and conditioner by Renpure Originals. I also got the Argan Oil treatment to go with it.

My boss was telling me to be really careful with that Ultra Swim shampoo because yes, it strips out all the chlorine, but it also strips the hair of everything and anything. Such as good stuff. Which makes total sense to me, but now I'm wondering what to do! I got that Argan Oil shampoo and conditioner because it's sulfate free and I've heard that sulfate can strip hair of good stuff.

What do you guys use? I'd like to find a brand that works well enough that I can ditch the Ultra Swim and perhaps Pantene, too, but it can't be super expensive. I just can't afford $20 shampoo. I go through so much of it, that would add up to a lot pretty quickly.

Suggestions?

2. Jwis

At the pool / gym I use Herbal Essences shampoo and conditioner - works well enough for me and seems to do a ok job removing the smell of chlorine. At home I generally use a fancier product such as Aveda. I've used similar products to that chlorine removal in the past and never had any issues with them, they were just pricy.

3. Kasey

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I find rotating shampoo brands with different levels of ph and detergents actually works better for your hair. I notice using one brand too much my hair gets thin and crappy, even if it is "volumeizing".

4. I use a brand called "Earthsafe" I use it because it doesn't contain any chemicals/parabens, its biodegradable, etc. You can find it at most health food stores.