1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Got punched in the back now my stomach hurts

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by nichison, Jan 24, 2014.

1. nichison

So today I got punched by a girl in my school (not quite sure why she hit me), whe hit me right below the left side of my ribs. I've noticed that everything in my lower body hurts, my stomach hurts, and I don't have much of an appetite. I don't know if this has anything to do with her hitting me and I might just be over reacting. Does anybody know if these are connected? And if so what should I do?

2. apostrophied

Wait a few days, it will most likely get better soon. You got a good hit, it's no wonder it hurts around that area. Sorry this happened... :frowning2:

3. treasureisland

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I would guess it could be connected so just take it easy. It might be a good idea to tell someone about it, like a school counselor. Hopefully, the pain will go away by tomorrow morning. if not, you may have to tell someone.

4. MarvinMinsky

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Ruptured Spleen or Kidney. Put some butter on it. You'll be fine.

Seriously though, go though range of motion tests. If the pain is shallow, you've got a bruised rib. If it feels below the ribs, might be something more serious. Swelling or shortness of breath, call 911. Fluid build up in the abdomen is rarely a good thing. Especially if it starts to restrict your lung capacity.

Most likely the rib, however. Put some butter on it.
    SNL Transcripts: Chevy Chase: 11/16/85: Those Unlucky Andersons

5. Kasey

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Did you feel not only "like ow that hurt" but more like you got nauseous and weak? She may have punched you in the liver and that can injure your vagus nerve which connects to your central nervous system. I'm not a medical doctor or anything, but I've been struck there in karate and it sucks. If symptoms don't subside definitely go get checked out.

6. nichison

That's exactly how I felt. I am feeling better now though, that just had me worried for a little while.

7. katwat

Old woman/mama worries.

Have you told your parents that you are hurting. It might be nothing to worry about but it can't hurt to have someone else aware that you are in pain so they can keep an eye on you. Would hate for you to poo-poo it away like it is nothing and let it become something worse if there is a real problem there. Grab a parent and let them check it out.

8. Kasey

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If there is no lingering effects then fine, but it sounds like you got blasted in the lower back in the liver. Did you taste slightly metallic favors in your mouth after? If so then you definitely got hit in the liver.