1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question's about FTM bottom surgery

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Astor, Jan 24, 2014.

1. Astor

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I posted this in my introduction post but I didn't get a very good result so I wanted to ask again. idk if this is the right place for it, so move my thread to the better place if I got it wrong. Thanks.

I've been searching around the internet for info on FTM surgerys and still don't have a clear idea what is the best way to go for bottom. I want it to look realistic, look like a normal size, have good feeling (both sexual and non sexual) and of course to be able to use it to...go to the bathroom. I don't plan on penetrating at all since I'm a bottom not a top . Also above all I do not want tons of scars on my arm telling everyone what I did. I know I'll have scars from top because I have large breasts but they can be hidden better then an arm can. Maybe someone here can figure out what might be some good options for me. I know I should talk to a doctor but I'm not ready for that yet.

Also because I want the best of both worlds I think I might need a metoidioplasty and a phalloplasty? I've heard of one or two people getting both but I guess it's very rare? Anyone on here get both? If not maybe you could direct me to some info about getting both done, and possibly some info about having the surgery(s) done in Canada? My bf is from Canada and want's to know if it's easier or better to have it done up there.

Thanks.

2. justjade

Honestly, I'm not sure about the details, but from what I've read, the best way to do it is just not to do it. I've never heard of someone getting both, but since I personally don't want it, I haven't looked into it a whole lot. I think that if you want to get bottom surgery, Metoidioplasty is probably better. I've read a lot of horror stories about guys' neo-phalluses basically rotting off because the body rejects them.

Plus, I've read that you get better erectile capacity with metoidioplasty.

Metoidioplasty is cheaper in the US that phalloplasty, but I'm not sure about Canada.

3. North

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Well I'm pre everything, but trust me when I say that if you have scars on your arms, no one is going to know what they're from. They could ask, but then you could just tell them that you don't feel comfortable telling them, and most likely they will let it go. I mean, I didn't know anything about bottom surgery until I started to look it up, and most people who are not transgender or trying to help a transgender friend (or are doctors) would not know what the scars on your arms meant.

I'm not telling you to go get that kind of surgery (I can't spell it, sorry! xD), if you're not comfortable with it--do whatever the heck makes you comfortable!

But yeah I'm totally going to be in your boat in a few years... I'm also a bottom so size doesn't really matter to me, but I'd be way more worried about what the healthiest option was. That's way better to ask a doctor about, though, sorry to have to tell you that... you might not know for sure what option is the best before you DO talk to a doctor or other professional about it.

4. WiggleToe

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    It could be what I'm about to say won't apply for where you can get any surgery done. In all reality I really think it also has to do with the preference/protocol of the surgeon applying the surgery.

Anyhow, the thing I wanted to say is that the tissue for phalloplasty can be conducted from the thigh as well. Sure you'll have scarring and all but it's less visible than the arm. (might be that you knew it already so if that's the case just ignore me :wink:. If you didn't know it yet then just keep it in mind for when you are ready for talking with a doc.) Good luck!

5. Astor

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I've heard that you can take skin from the arm and leg...even heard that you can take from the back/under the arm area and then theres the "flap" surgery where they take skin from down around there. But I've heard that the arm is the best way to go if you want it to be even remotely sensitive to touch.

It's confusing as hell to figure this all out..man I wish there was a pill that would just magically grow me a penis -_-..

6. Maddy

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    There's a book called "Hung Jury" where trans guys share their stories of bottom surgery, both phalloplasty and metoidioplasty. They all seemed to be really satisfied with what surgery had given them. It's available as both hard copy and ebook, I bought it for Kindle and it's really interesting to read. Studies on post-op guys have said that almost all of the people studied have still been able to orgasm.

Try checking out these videos:
    [YOUTUBE]rffxeuuVQE4[/YOUTUBE]
    [YOUTUBE]9Nb9evuKRfY[/YOUTUBE]

Also the "phalloplasty" and "metoidioplasty" tags on Tumblr. There are a fair few people who blog about their experiences, and seem really happy.