1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any guys/girls go for the skinny/weak male?

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by AudreyB, Jan 25, 2014.

1. AudreyB

AudreyB Guest

I've always been kind of a "girly" boy, and I don't just mean regarding my taste in female clothing and certain behaviors. What I am referring to is my body type, which, although anatomically male, is exceptionally skinny and weak. Growing up, I was always very small and weak, usually smallest or second smallest in my class. At least a couple of times, was challenged to contests of strength by girls, embarassingly close calls on both occasions, if I remember right.

My dad is 6'2", and although also slender, he's exceptionally strong, often wowing at certain althetic endeavors. I'm not athletic at all, and although I did manage to finally grow to 5'8" (not exactly huge), my body never developed any real strength. To this day, I doubt I could press as much as 100 lbs.

Any guys or girls out there go for this body type? Seems I get the message from everywhere that just about the whole appeal of the male form is strength/muscles. However, obviously did not win the genetic lottery here and often feel completely undesirable because of it. (I'm gender-fluid, so am understandably less bothered by this issue when I feel female-gendered. )

2. gravechild

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I'm definitely into what you would call "twinky", "feminine" guys, preferably on the androgynous side, and know of others who are into this type over others. Being one myself, its a lot easier to appreciate similar qualities in others, and because these don't exactly fit your male ideal, that means there's that much more for the rest of us. :wink:

And like you, I was also brought up to feel inadequate about being naturally small, but didn't have the motivation to get "big" like others. Why? Because deep down inside, I liked my build, and when I looked at the situation objectively, found that it had many advantages, as well.

There's a lot of grey area between completely underweight and out of shape, and being athletic and toned. Personally, I'd rather die than to wake up and see myself a hairy, muscly, and tall man, so a lot of my work outs are focused on cardio and light weight training. Anyway, hope that helped.

3. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I love skinny people. They tend to be flexible and attractive to me, and I also consider myself protective of them. When they are feminine, I enjoy sharing that femme camaraderie that I don't share with butch people or men.

4. Lawrence

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I always went for twinks and tomboys. I don't know why this is. Sigmund Freud would have a field day with me. I'm shorter than I'd like, that might explain it.

5. SpecialK

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Malestorm, I find guys matching your description attractive. I'll be honest, I'm also attracted to toned guys with a bit of muscle, but not guys that live in a gym and have thighs so big their balls get squashed when they sneeze.
    In short, you will find someone who will want and accept you just as you are. :wink:

6. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Skinny girly boys are the best! They're the only kind of guy I would go for, actually. :love:

7. KiddlesP

There are obviously people who are into that body type, so you shouldn't have to worry. Having said that, despite being gender fluid, if your body is bothering you, it is always possible (assuming you do not have muscular dystrophy or a similar disorder) to build up muscle mass (to whatever level you prefer) as long as you are taking in enough calories compared to your metabolism (and all the other good macro/micro nutrients) and train your muscles.

8. Rakkaus

Rakkaus Guest

Well I hope so. I'm also a "skinny/weak male", I just barely make it to the 5'7 mark (the doctor's office records my height as 5'6 and 3/4 of an inch), my weight ranges between 110-125 lbs, I have no muscles to speak of.

I don't think there is anything wrong with this body type, I don't think you should feel like you've lost the "genetic lottery" and are undesirable in any way.

Yeah, there are some guys (though much moreso, girls) who aren't into skinny weak males, but there are plenty of guys and even a few girls who are very much into that body type.

Personally I am attracted to people who share my skinny/weak body type (even though sometimes I do wish I had a big strong boyfriend to protect me :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:), and I have found that plenty of guys have been attracted to me and willing to go out with me.

The skinny twink is actually pretty much an established part of gay male culture, many gay guys are super-into skinny twinks.

If you're into girls, then it becomes a tad more difficult, since straight girls tend to prefer bigger manlier men. (I recall even reading feminist womens' blogs where open-minded, liberal, feminist women consider breaking up with boyfriends whom they perceive as too feminine, one woman saying that she broke up with a guy because he owned more beauty products than she did).

That's why I feel sorry for all the straight skinny nerd boys on the internet, it seems like they are doomed to remain permavirgins.

Even in terms of height, there is still a social stigma about hetero relationships where the woman is taller than the men.

But I'm sure there are some very open-minded girls out there who are into skinny weak femme males. There is someone for everyone. :slight_smile:

9. Camrok

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I love skinny guys. They're my favorite ^.^

10. kwyjibo

Skinny is more attractive than really muscular - my crush is as skinny as it's possible to be without starting to look like a concentration camp victim

11. SemiCharmedLife

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
  12. Sitri

Muscles are overrated.

13. AudreyB

AudreyB Guest

True story: when I was younger, I was a workout freak. Weights, calisthenics, cardio, supps, every other day, no exceptions. Typical workouts lasted for hours and I did this for over two years. (This was probably my "overcompensating" stage. :grin:) Result? I topped out at 135 lbs and pressed 80 lbs.. :confused:

Now, I'm slightly heavier, despite much less muscle (late-30's spare tire ftw). Trying to starve myself down to ~115 lbs., though, since I feel mostly female-gendered these days and she likes to feel small and delicate. Not actually being female-bodied, though, I sometimes wonder if it's worth the effort and if it could ever be considered attractive.

Yeah, a bit familiar with the whole "twink" phenomenon (second-hand, never any first-hand experience). But wasn't sure of the threshold for "skinny/weak" we're talking about that still qualifies as desirable. Explored Craigslist a couple of times (maybe not the greatest source) and every instance I found of a self-described twink was quite a bit bigger than me. :eusa_eh:

As for confidence about my body type, it probably didn't help that my last two exes were critical of me in this regard. The former was actually noticeably bigger than me (she was taller and built like a lady linebacker), while my ex-wife was shorter, but heavier. In both instances, I apparently did a poor job of making them feel very feminine. :confused: I recall my ex-wife once telling my stepdaughter right in front of me to never make the mistake of getting with the "scrawny" type like she did.

14. AaronMed

My boyfriend is exactly the type you're describing, so yes!

15. KiddlesP

Why would you work out for multiple hours per day, what were you trying to accomplish doing that? If you were trying to build size, less than or equal to an hour a day weight training would be far more beneficial, and with 3-4500 kcal per day intake, you would stop your body from catabolizing itself due to energy loss. Excess protein supplementation often just leads to increased urea production.

#15 KiddlesP, Jan 26, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 26, 2014
  16. Rakkaus

Rakkaus Guest

Haha all that means is that you are twinkier than they are. :grin:

Twinks are supposed to be really skinny and petite, having the boyish, youthful look. Some people described as twinks are somewhat muscular, but I think the muscles actually take away from the overall twinkie goodness.

So I think you should just embrace your twinkish body type, don't fret about not being 'manly' enough.

But yeah, if you are into guys, you are probably going to have better luck with guys than with women. A LOT of guys are into skinny weak twinks. Whereas a lot of straight women still fantasize of having a big, strong, manly man as their protector. "Scrawny" straight boys struggle with finding girlfriends.

But not all women are like that.

I remember in botany class a few years back, I had walked away to get our lab materials from the front of the room and was returning to our lab table, and I inadvertently caught my 3 lab partners (3 girls) gossiping about me, I remember one girl whispering "yeah, he's cute!"...this particular girl being a 6'3 athlete and soccer player who towered over me! :eek:

Kinda the last person I would expect would be at all interested in or attracted to a 5'7 pathetic weakling of a boy. :icon_redf

Of course I turned red and she turned red when she realized I was standing right behind her, then we just went along with our lab project pretending nothing had been said. :astonished:

So I'm sure there is both a woman and a man out there for you, no matter your body type. Don't let it make you feel inferior in any way. :slight_smile:

17. AudreyB

AudreyB Guest

I didn't know this at the time. Pre-internet days. :grin:

18. Seagypsy

Yes, I love that in guys and girls! :slight_smile:

19. AudreyB

AudreyB Guest

I definitely have the skinny, petite, boyish thing going. Shoulders are a bit broad, but delicate at the joints and very little visible musculature. Despite a graying head, new people I meet are always stunned that I'm older than 25 (actually 37). Though very skinny, I'm soft all over, rather more hairy than I would like. Guess I would make a pretty good twink based off your description, lol.

My interest in men is something I have never explored. They don't ever seem to catch my eye in real life, not like girls. However, nearly 100% of my sexual fantasies are about being with men. I couldn't even perform with my ex unless I mentally "checked out" to this homoerotic realm while doing the deed. So that they mean I'm sexually into guys after all, dunno.

On the subject of better luck, while I can't even get the time of day from chicks, I've had a bunch of gay guys hit on me over the years. Maybe further evidence that avenue is well worth exploring? :confused2:

20. darklord

I'm very much into your type of guys. As long as you aren't anorexic (since that is unhealthy).
    I am put off by muscular, masculine guys... Some of us are crazy about your type. I know I am.

Small, cute, pretty guys (*hug*)
    I love anything feminine on a guy, really.