1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Issues with acne

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Str8tLAboy, Jan 27, 2014.

1. Str8tLAboy

Str8tLAboy Guest

For the first time in my life, I am going out on a date with this cute guy I met at a bar but I have this pimple that just won't go away. I want to look as hot as possible and I need this pimple to go away. Any recommendations for remedies, natural or pharmaceutical, that will help with my issue.

2. Kasey

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Don't pick at it. There are prescription medicines like Proactive or Retnin-A, but if this is coming soon you probably won't have time.

3. Jinkies

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Washing with Neutrogena naturals tends to be good. I also use Oxy. Both should get rid of the zit within the week. This is coming from someone who's been diagnosed with cystic acne by a dermatologist.

4. I put lime juice on my face everyday, leave it for 10ish minutes, rinse and then rub coconut oil on my face. So smooth.

5. AlamoCity

Every night, I put on my face benzoyl peroxide cream (Clean & Clear Persa-Gel 10%; generics don't work as well for me because something in the vehicle/inactive ingredient doesn't make it as effective as the store brands on my face). I also wash daily with St. Ives Blemish Control Apricot Scrub with 2% salicylic acid.

When I have a pimple that wants to pop out, I wash my face with a special sulfur soap and leave it on for 10 minutes before washing. The properties of sulfur are really good against acne and it shrinks any blemish overnight. It might be hard to find the sulfur soap but you can sometimes find it in health food stores or the "ethnic" section of some Targets and Walmarts.

6. Night Rain

Another vote for benzoyl peroxide.

7. eofox

If it's right before a date I'd recommend a small amount of makeup... but then again, if you have no idea what you are doing before-hand you will probably look better without it. Anyway, check out some Youtube videos if you are interested, if you do it right it is almost completely unnoticeable.

8. donnie5

I'm not very acne prone, but sometimes I will get one stubborn pimple. I wash daily with neutrogena's pore shrinking line of cleansers or the shine control cleaners depending on how my face looks. I use a light night cream from the in the winter and daily I use a moisturizer from l'oreal. The best thing I have found to keep my skin nice and oil/pimple free is is to find cleanser's and moisturizer's the my face likes and stick to a normal schedule with them. That being said If I do get a stubborn pimple Neutrogena has a line of "spot treatment" products that work very very well for a small breakout for me. You can find all of these at walmart and they usually don't break the bank.

9. PM92

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Be cautious of proactive if it's particularly sunny, if its too sunny out the effect is reversed and it makes it worse...