1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Growth?

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by questionable, Jan 31, 2014.

1. questionable

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I'm 15 and currently 5'9" I wanted to reach 6 feet tall or above (if possible and much better, if it happens), but I was wondering if I'm still going to gain some few inches of height for my remaining teenage years. I do those height increasing exercises and I take on high protein, minerals, vitamins and other essential substances for the body to help increase height regularly. At what point or age will I stop gaining height? Does anybody know? :/

2. Nerkpoop78

Apparently I heard you can grow taller if you play basketball. I'm not sure if it helps but that's just what I heard. I wanna grow taller too. I'm so freaking short...

3. SemiCharmedLife

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I stopped growing when I was about 15, but then again I started puberty somewhat early and progressed through it relatively quickly. Depending on how far along you are, that may be an indicator if you're still going to grow. Aside from that, I really don't think there's much you can do to make yourself taller.

4. Everyone's different so it's hard to tell. I stopped growing at 23 years old and I'm 6'5" now.

5. apostrophied

Impossible to tell, because everyone is different. You may still grow. Or not.

Really no point in taking extra protein. They're more likely to make you gain weight and/or damage your bones (if you overdo it, and it's easy to overdo it) than anything else. Plus they cost a fortune...

5'9 is above average for men, if I'm not mistaken. Being tall has some disadvantages... It's better to be strong than tall, IMO.

6. Arrow Ace

I was once told that the average male stops growing at around 15 to 20. Hope that information gives you a bit of hope :V Count yourself lucky. I'm your age and only 4 ft 48 :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: I am incredibly short!

7. KiddlesP

It is actually very easy to tell if you are going to grow more or not if you really want to know; you will however have to go get an x-ray from the doctor and ask if your growth plates in your bones have fused or not. I was about 6'1" at 15, I stopped at 16 at 6'2" (unless I grew an inch since I last checks a few years ago).