1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Surgery to remove urges

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by neverusedtobe, Feb 1, 2014.

1. neverusedtobe

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    If i wanted to remain celebate without the burden of urges in my nether regions....

Does anybody know of a surgery that could remove the nerves from the penis so that one does not have any urges at all, and therefore is not "burdened" by their sexual feelings?

Regards,

2. BookDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That's pretty excessive isn't it?

3. mobrien1993

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I can honestly say I don't. But my question is why would you want to do that?

4. KiddlesP

I know that one of the common side effects to prostrate surgery is erectile dysfunction. However if there is a will, there is a way to get an erection still. I would not recommend trying to give yourself prostrate cancer, and I would not recommend trying to stop the nature of your body.

5. WallWeed

Even if your "nether regions" were numb, I'm fairly certain you'd still have feelings and urges, you'd just be stuck with the burden of attraction without being able to ever satisfy it. Similar to how I sometimes feel the urge to "top" a girl, but I don't even have male parts. It's frustrating as hell.

If there existed a surgery to remove feelings, I'd be the first in line (as I'm also living a celibate life), but I'm afraid it's just a human nuisance we have to deal with.

6. AaronMed

Is it possible? Yes, of course. But you'll never find a surgeon insane enough to do it.

7. Stridenttube

Stridenttube Guest

Okay, lets get to the root issue here. Why do you feel the need to do this? You're on this site for a reason. Humans need sexual contact, it's a basic need. Doing something like that would be horrible and regrettable at some point in your life.

8. reading between the lines sounds like youre ashamed to who you are attracted to or ashamed of your urges. nothing to be ashamed of no matter who you are.

9. apostrophied

You'd actually need to get your brain removed. I mean, you could try, but I definitely don't guarantee the results (minor side effects are likely to occur). Or that you'll find a doctor to do it.

Maybe therapy instead? You seem ashamed of yourself, and as previous posters have said, this shame is unwarranted (assuming your urges are towards men, not kids or something).

Not to mention that you might be feeling this way now, but 20 years down the line, who knows how you'll feel? Maybe celibacy won't be for you anymore.

10. Mr Scratch

Chemical castration is an option. I considered that at one point in my life. I'm glad I didn't go through with it.

You might want to consider consulting a therapist before resorting to an invasive surgery that in itself can have serious side effects on your health, get to the root issue that makes you feel as though you need to have all vestiges of sexual impulse removed. It might do you some good. It did me some good.

11. freeskies

That is a bit extreme, i think. You could consider learning to control your sexual urges through meditation. It could work....

12. Fallingdown7

Fallingdown7 Guest

Older post, but to my knowledge sexual urges are mostly in the brain.

I was in your position at one point and would have done anything to get rid of those urges, even if it meant a surgery that would have killed me. Unfortunately, I found the best thing to do is accept them.

If you really want to be celibate, don't give up! With enough self-control and distraction you can ignore those urges.

13. Ettina

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Castration is often effective for that, but not always. It works better for animals that only have sex to reproduce and don't tie it to other emotions such as romantic attachments. In humans it's less effective because sex isn't always directly tied to hormones. (Hence why most human women still desire sex when not ovulating - which is pretty unusual among mammals.)

14. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    This.

Surgery isn't going to solve the problem. Therapy is what you need.

15. Doorway

I'd say you should get a therapist, not a surgeon.